CUTLERFAB SHOP THREAD

I could use a handful of those Ford NP271 and 273 transfer cases :D

Or 32 spline NP241s lol need the planetaries out of one, lol.

I could use a handful of those Ford NP271 and 273 transfer cases :D
How many you want...?
It can be yours...
That is all your "scrap?" Any AW4's in there or AX-15's?
They will be when I pick them up and play for them next week...

Couldn't pick either from a line up. I know GM THxxx stuff. Tell me how to identify, and how many you want[emoji6]
Or 32 spline NP241s lol need the planetaries out of one, lol.
.... again, how many you want?

Didn't know some scrap pics would stir the wood pile so.

Be happy to entertain selling some. As I said, trans are reported as good, just old stock. Tcases as well, but they have been stored out of doors; I can't and won't warranty any of this, and the price will reflect so. I personally wouldn't run either in a build of mine unless it got an overhaul/inspection anyway...ymmv.

If there's something that interests anyone, speak now and tell me any identification things I need to know. I'll have to pull them from the masses, because all those pieces typically get dropped in my trailer on top of each other, and go directly to a shredder.

Price will be local pick up, or arranged meeting on my route, from Mt. Airy, 77s, 40w, 321s towards gastonia.

So. Spitballing a price here with above considerations:

Tcase $60, multiples $45 each.
Th400 4x4 $250
4l80e 2wd $200
Any other autos $150

There will also be 20k lbs of all aluminum engines and 20k lbs iron block/ alum head engines if someone needs something like that; mostly core trade ins.

This deal happens very fast, I'll haul 50k to the shredder between Tue and Wed this week. If no takers that's cool too, I'm a recycler and buy accordingly. Only putting this out there because of the interest I have recieved in pm's and replies.

I buy this lot at this volume twice a year.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just need one, so I can build a doubler out of it for my k5. I need to figure out when I can get up that way. Or if you could drop it by a fastenal.

I just need one, so I can build a doubler out of it for my k5. I need to figure out when I can get up that way. Or if you could drop it by a fastenal.
I'm sure we could network something through the board.
I spied what looked to be at least 3 aw4s
Photo shop them circled in red and the ax in blue for me.

Everything is marked by year, make and model in paint pen, but actual model of trans are not labeled.

I'm sure we could network something through the board. Photo shop them circled in red and the ax in blue for me.

Everything is marked by year, make and model in paint pen, but actual model of trans are not labeled.

Looking at them again I think I'm wrong, the AW4 and Toyota A340 look similar. Pretty sure the ones I was looking ay came out of PreRunner Tacoma's.

If I made the trip, I'd get at least 5 or 6....and probably pick up a 241 for @iwaxmyjimmy

If I made the trip, I'd get at least 5 or 6....and probably pick up a 241 for @iwaxmyjimmy
5 of each model number above? Let me know for sure, I'll pull out as much as I can before they're in bite size pieces.

Dude I’d owe you big time, I’ve gotta get something back on the road so I can at least drive to get parts.... and a buddy just offered to sell me his project TJ.... this shit is getting bad. Too many deals keep falling in my lap.

Nah, like three 273s and two 271s. They'd be for Duramax swaps with the solid axle crowd.

I'd need to figure out when/if I can make the trip.

Nah, like three 273s and two 271s. They'd be for Duramax swaps with the solid axle crowd.

I'd need to figure out when/if I can make the trip.
Not concerned about time frame of pickup. No worries there. Just want to be certain if I pull stuff out, it does have a home, only so much dry storage here at the shop.

Oh shoot...yeah, I'll definitely take some then. Two Ford 271s and three Ford 273s. Possibly some GM 261XHDs and 263XHDs if you have any.

The Ford cases are easy to spot with fixed flanges front and rear.

Just let me know and we'll figure something out! I like having small projects to work on.

So does this mean we all need a field trip to his shop? Curious if you’ve got a GM NV4500 as well. How can one pay for items if they are being passed through the grapevine? PayPal?

Oh shoot...yeah, I'll definitely take some then. Two Ford 271s and three Ford 273s. Possibly some GM 261XHDs and 263XHDs if you have any.

The Ford cases are easy to spot with fixed flanges front and rear.

Just let me know and we'll figure something out! I like having small projects to work on.
[emoji106]
Because I have to ask, how many nv4500s do you have?
I highly doubt there will be any in these loads but I will check. They may have some in their racks, (still a viable selling piece) I may can get a better price than most.
So does this mean we all need a field trip to his shop? Curious if you’ve got a GM NV4500 as well. How can one pay for items if they are being passed through the grapevine? PayPal?
See above on nv.

PayPal would be fine. But we'll cross that bridge once I get an inventory of what's there.

I'm only bringing home pieces that have been mentioned or requested. Reason being, the margin is so small on scrap aluminum right now, I typically just turn and burn. Once they've been dropped in my trailer, they get shredded on the return trip home. They never see my property. They're literally only in my possession for one hour once I leave their lot.

I welcome any visitors anytime, just understand I don't have piles of scrap here, don't want to mislead. Just trying to pass on some possibly useful pieces to NC4x4 peeps.

Making the first run Tuesday. I'll try to post what I have found towards the end of the week.

Thanks guys!

Because I have to ask, how many nv4500s do you have?
All I see is aluminum and magnesium cases, which means no "real" transmissions :D

@iwaxmyjimmy You can ride along if you want. If not, I'd even front the money for it and you could pay me when you get it or send him paypal....whichever is easier, doesn't matter to me.

@XJsavage I can pick stuff up for you too, if you find anything.

For anyone else that needs anything, I'd be going from New Bern to Mt. Airy and back.

@iwaxmyjimmy You can ride along if you want. If not, I'd even front the money for it and you could pay me when you get it or send him paypal....whichever is easier, doesn't matter to me.

@XJsavage I can pick stuff up for you too, if you find anything.

For anyone else that needs anything, I'd be going from New Bern to Mt. Airy and back.

Certainly. When you head out there and happen to see a 4500, scoop it and I'll work it out with ya. I don't mean dump a $600+ tab on me (I'm pretty good at doing that by myself) but I will buy a GM envy 4500 in a heartbeat.

You're the man !!!
Highlight of my day... See if you posted anything.
The hight light of my day is nit picking the pics and watching the OCD kick in like this (page one the black buggy i know for a fact that one bump can is 3/16 lower than the rest now what happened there old friend).:popcorn: pic #50 for reference.

The hight light of my day is nit picking the pics and watching the OCD kick in like this (page one the black buggy i know for a fact that one bump can is 3/16 lower than the rest now what happened there old friend).:popcorn:
Lmfao, you have the memory of a drunken elephant.

Good times[emoji1]

Back