D-6

I didn't explain an ifs rear engine car. How many rear engine cars have your raced? I've raced 3 different ones.

Yaw? You mean like "yaw" steering my car into polar ice?

I’ll guess woodlee’s hustler buggy, and doc Adam’s count as you racing rear engine buggy’s?

Good talk.

I’m not getting trolled by someone with a new name but with repetitive history.

You asked for further explanation, I shared insights for you to research to better understand what I was insinuating.

Clearly you know better and more than anyone here, and you are only here to troll for attention.

I got enough hugs as a kid.

I’m out.

Last edited:
I'm just here for entertainment purposes :popcorn:

I’ll guess woodlee’s hustler buggy, and doc Adam’s count as you racing rear engine buggy’s?

Good talk.

I’m not getting trolled by someone with a new name but with repetitive history.

You asked for further explanation, I shared insights for you to research to better understand what I was insinuating.

Clearly you know better and more than anyone here, and you are only here to troll for attention.

I got enough hugs as a kid.

I’m out.
Come on now. Don't bring out the fire extinguisher yet. I haven't had the pleasure of a "Good" read in a while. I'm not on hardline. Anyone can garner good tech even when it's not the baseline. You guys responses are enlightening those with a head on a swivel.

:nopics:

Alright, so now that we got that out of the way. This where I started. I wanted to give myself something decent to adjust my drawing to.

I started with

114 inch wheel base
74 inch track width
40 x 13.50 inch tires (the white tires were 35 inches)

I went to the King shocks website and picked out some pure race bypass shocks. I picked the largest diameter 5 tube bypass shocks I could find, mainly to get the compressed and extended bolt hole measurements. I ended up going with some 12 inch, by 3.5 inch diameter shocks. My goal was to cycle the front suspension for 18 inches of vertical travel. I successfully cycled the front suspension at 18 inches, but what I ran into was the passenger tire crashing into the motor at bump, and passenger lock. I had the drive train angled toward the center of the rear end at the time. Ended up straightening out the drive train to 0 degrees in an attempt to free the tire. The track width had to be widened to 85 inches, and was hitting the water pump. I decided I could solve that problem by putting a different style water pump on it.

My shocks were placed fairly vertical on the control arm, but angled in some to give me some room for camber adjustment. The shock angle is probably going to change when I cycle the wider suspension again. Now that I have widened the track width, I have gained more than 18 inches of vertical wheel travel, but I haven't measured it yet.

There is a lot more where that came from. I haven't even scratched the surface of the geometry depth on this thing. I'll keep dropping info on here about the whole car, and this front suspension publicly as I go. Although, the whole rear suspension is going to be classified until the debut.

So, right now the car is sitting at.....

114 inch wheel base
84 inch track width
40 x 13.50 inch tires (blue)

I haven't decided whether to use a bushing style connection where the lower control arms pivot at the chassis, or a uni-ball cup. May be a conversation piece for you guys. Appreciated, I'd soak in all the input with open ears.

D-6 6.jpg

D-6 4.jpg

front suspension 1.jpg

front suspension 2.jpg

front suspension 3.jpg

front suspension 4.jpg

tire in the engine.jpg

tire in the engine 3.jpg

tire in the engine 3.jpg

tire in the engine 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still shocked this turned out to be a real thread.

I'm still shocked this turned out to be a real thread.

I have ignored it for a while because I initially thought is was spam. I'm still disappointed because it keeps being referred to as a "car/rig/build" and all I see are pics of a drawings. premature build thread if you ask me.

I have ignored it for a while because I initially thought is was spam. I'm still disappointed because it keeps being referred to as a "car/rig/build" and all I see are pics of a drawings. premature build thread if you ask me.

Um...I believe the correct term is “models” but I’m no engineer:flipoff2:

also, it looks like someone found GrabCad.com and just clicked download all

Back