Daughters 2014 Nissan Altima has left her stranded

Yep I'd take that bitch back! Any lemon laws in NC? I'd imagine it would fall in the category in Va I believe if it's under warranty and you take it in 3 times for same thing and they can't fix it it's a lemon!?? Hell that may have changed now a days I'm not sure!

Wild stab in the dark here but reckon it has some water in the gas.With the cold temps lately it could cause a problem.If its been in a warm shop it might not cause it to act up.Like I said that's a wild stab but for a $3/$4 bottle of heat its worth a try.

Likely a part that fails when hot on an extended run if that's when it is occurring....

Only way I've found to diagnose such issues is to replicate the problem.. if I can't replicate it, either in the bay or out of it, I can't diagmose it.

Reminds me of a ceiling fan that stopped working. Electrician flips the switch and it turned on. Stayed ok for some weeks, second time it failed, same results. (Different people turn on switches differently, thus the switch must have been faulty) told the electrician next time it happens have the owner flip the switch instead of him then he switch it...

So last tuesday I called to get an update about 2pm. The service writer handling my case wasn't in. I asked to have someone call me that day. "I will speak to the mechanic and have someone call you"

So 4pm rolls around and I call back

"Someone will call you in just a minute"

I call back at 4:42

"Laqueeesha will be calling you in 3 minutes. She's gathering your paperwork right now"

I call back at 5:56 and leave the service manager a nasty voice message

Meanwhile I decided that since TWITTER seems to grab the attention of airlines when passengers tweet from the airport, thought I'd give it a whirl

nissantwitter.JPG

OK so this prompts a call from NissanUSA and now I have a liaison

This person calls and now I have a "case number"

So after talking with this liaison I basically hear the same stuff. NissanUSA will not authorize without a code or video proof.

I'm LIVID at this point.

The next morning (wed 13th) at 7:30 the service manager calls to apologize and offer me a loaner car.....I mean she's down right impressive. More so than anyone I've spoken too thus far. VERY apologetic that I've gone this long without my car. I was actually very humbled at her level of concern. She assured me that she would make this right.

She then called me about 10 am telling me that one of her service writers had been on the phone with NissanUSA all morning and finally got them to authorize a trans replacement. The trans would be shipped and arrive by friday and should have it saturday

Friday I received a call from her. The weather delayed the trans...but I'd get my car no later than monday.

Today: I got a call 2 hrs ago that it was ready. My daughter just picked it up, and it's driving just fine (for now)

So Capitol Nissan of Wilmington FINALLY made it right.....but only after speaking to the service manager. I'm thankful for her!

Sometimes it does take a woman to make shit happen!

or social media embarrassment. Can't prove it, but things ironically started moving once I got out on the ole intraweb and started bitching

What are the chances they poured a bottle of Lucas in the trans and sent you on your way, along with the old trans???

Hoping it makes it through warranty period without much of an issue?

What are the chances they poured a bottle of Lucas in the trans and sent you on your way, along with the old trans???

About as likely as a concrete subcontractor properly replacing the vapor barrier on a slab after a stopped up Sanitary line has been repaired below the floor. Matters not, when the floor starts sprouting mushrooms it'll be my fault because of the moisture content in the air on the HVAC side :rolleyes:

About as likely as a concrete subcontractor properly replacing the vapor barrier on a slab after a stopped up Sanitary line has been repaired below the floor. Matters not, when the floor starts sprouting mushrooms it'll be my fault because of the moisture content in the air on the HVAC side :rolleyes:
Dafuq? You walk to school or bring ur lunch?

Back