Dicks

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by /dev/yj, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Atla

Atla Pew Pew! Vroom Vroom!

LOL @ Ellen Degeneres.

The same woman who said we should 'be friends with people we disagree with' when she sat beside Bush is the same woman who refused to let Trump on her show because he 'is against everything I stand for". Which just goes to show she's a nincompoop.

I like her message about being friends with people we disagree with. But in my experience, the intolerance comes from the left far more often than the right.

2. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

"Your intolerance of my intolerance will NOT be tolerated" - The party of tolerance

doc, Ron, jeepinmatt and 3 others like this.
  3. a_kelley

a_kelley mechanical fixer

Or the way I say it, those who claim tolerance are they themselves the most intolerant.

Atla likes this.
  4. UTfball68

UTfball68 Well-Known Member

See...I look at that differently. I have friends I won't even pick up the phone for while I'm at work for fear of what might be overheard. I certainly don't want them there, in person, trumpeting their garbage at my place of business...especially if it goes against what my job stands for. I'm not going to bring in Greta Thunberg with a megaphone to stand on my trailer as we're filling up with 116 octane. But if her bourbon cabinet is extensive enough, I'd have a drink with her (when she turns 21). I'm not going to bring my mother, an organic/homeopathic/chemical free advocate, to a customer meeting...but I still love her.

I can't say I agree with that, I think the right is just more lowkey about it. I know it's a small sample, but I'd venture NC4x4 is predominantly on the right. Go back and look at any of the heated cop shooting threads from a couple years ago, see what's said. Hell, look at people's opinions in the active shit stirring thread. Pretty sure Ron still gets worked up about a 'thug' comment made about Deshaun Watson a while back. And that's just on the topic of race. I'd imagine this thread started to evoke a 2a response...but why??? We're ok when a bakery refuses to bake a cake for some gays (which I believe was also a thread here), but not ok when a store decides to stop selling guns??? Maybe the right isn't more intolerant...just bigger hypocrites. I'm not saying, don't have convictions or opinions...I'm one of the biggest offenders in those threads, just don't pretend the right is innocent.

broncosbybart and awheelterd like this.
  5. cranbiz

cranbiz Well-Known Member

I'm OK with a store choosing not to sell guns. That's their right. I also will exercise my right not to spend my money with them. That's my right.

6. UTfball68

And that's ok, but then don't pretend to be tolerant of other people's decisions and stances.

7. a_kelley

a_kelley mechanical fixer

but just because you choose to not do business with them because you disagree with them does not mean you do not respect their right to do as they choose. Same as I don't shop at Walmart because I disagree with their business practices. They have a right to exist just as much as I have a right to not go there.

cranbiz, Infamous1 and No fries like this.
  8. UTfball68

Agreed...but respecting their right to exist, is not the same thing as tolerance. If you were truly tolerant, their decisions wouldn't influence/control what you do at all. You're ultimately picking up your ball and going home, and to me is the equivalent of crossing the street if you see a minority coming your way.

superman27344 likes this.
  9. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

[​IMG]

Infamous1, Atla and UTfball68 like this.
  10. Ron

Ron Dum Spiro Spero Moderator

Thats a good link and the FBI data is pretty interesting.
    One thing that does fit the narrative though acccording to:
    Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Was the rifle murders jumped over 35% in 2016 and havent returned to pre 2016 numbers.

I wish I could find the Auggie Smith smoking in bars stand up comdey sketch..it covers this so well.

UTfball68 likes this.
  11. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

This is the problem now a days though. Whenever someone doesnt like what someone's beliefs are, they want to boycott. This is not just a left or right thing either. Its an every asshole in the US thing now. Benchmade chopped up guns with law enforcement, boycott Benchmade. Nike supports that football player that kneels, boycott Nike. Chic Fil A ceo dont believe in gay marriage, boycott chicken and pickles (nevermind the fact that the guy hires the hell out of gay "my pleasure" saying motherfuckers). HobbyLobby dont believe in giving birth control to its employees, or some other shit they do that is fucked up, boycott HobbyLobby.
    Then if you dont go along with the boycott, all of a sudden you are either not conservative enough or not liberal enough. Its just fucking stupid. Especially since all the assholes that ever scream boycott about something, that is the closest thing to actual activism they ever have or will do anyway, and I dont been actually boycotting, but rather just screaming about fucking boycotting. The funniest thing was when Yeti did something to piss off gun owners and in retaliation, some of the owners of yeti products shot up their yeti cups and coolers, which they had already paid for. It just makes it all for show, so that these people can get attention they so desperately seek.

12. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

Well..that's why Twitter and instagram was invented!

So millennial's could be "activists" and thirsty hoes could be "models"

How ELSE would they:

superman27344, UTfball68 and Ron like this.
  13. obullfish

obullfish Carolina Trail Blazers

To busy working to read all this but I got triggered when I noticed the word thug used in this thread on my way to fix ones phone service in the HOOD.

14. awheelterd

awheelterd Well-Known Member

For the first time ever I believe, I 100% agree with every point @UTfball68 has made in this thread.

I couldn't care less that Dicks allegedly destroyed 5m worth of ar's. Nor do I care that they quit selling them. In all honesty they did the mom and pop gun stores a huge solid by taking that position. And inadvertently put more money in merchants pockets who are more likely to support the NRA and the like.

No fries, jeepinmatt and UTfball68 like this.
  15. UTfball68

It's all part of my 3 part plan...dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull shit or wear them down through erosion.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    tlucier, obullfish, RHSCTJ and 2 others like this.
  16. awheelterd

awheelterd Well-Known Member

I believe I was eroded

trailhugger, RatLabGuy and UTfball68 like this.
  17. ramjo

ramjo Well-Known Member

All I know is that if this thread or @UncleWillie thread were started by @palmetto zuk, I never would have opened them......

18. UncleWillie

UncleWillie Lost and confused.

Yes you would, you perv

19. RatLabGuy

RatLabGuy You look like a monkey and smell like one too

signature worthy quote right here boyz

Atla and UTfball68 like this.
  20. palmetto zuk

palmetto zuk Well hung member

[​IMG]

ramjo and Atla like this.
  21. rockmafia

rockmafia Well-Known Member

Their shit box store just closed in Greensboro and is getting replaced with a Sportsman's Warehouse, a company that is not scared of selling riffles.

22. Atla

Ooooo Sportsman's Warehouse!

I'd like to go to one of them. I hope the Morganton and Asheville ones get shut down and replaced soon.

23. Loganwayne

Loganwayne #BTL

same thing is happening to the asheville field and stream

Atla likes this.
  24. Atla

Really?

Sweet!

25. Loganwayne

Loganwayne #BTL

Signs are off the building hope it will be swapped over in the next month or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atla likes this.