Documentary YJ Build

Measure from each of the hanger holes to the center pin. Find a spring with that dimension. Probably a stock YJ or Waggy spring would work.

Measure from each of the hanger holes to the center pin. Find a spring with that dimension. Probably a stock YJ or Waggy spring would work.

The springs were a waggy lift spring for the main spring then bastard pack for the rest to lower the ride height which flattened out the main spring making it longer. If you want to run stock waggy’s just move them to the stock hole on the frame side mount. I opted to use the ones on there now cause stock waggy leafs are super thin and I broke a bunch of them.

Sorta kinda cut the hangers lower section with the factory holes off.

Gonna swing by @Van-go place in the morning a dig thru his leaf spring pile.

If that doesn’t work out, I’ll be in the look out for some Waggy lift springs if anyone has some. Not looking to spend much, of any money on new leaf springs cause it’s all coming right back out in a couple months.

Sorta kinda cut the hangers lower section with the factory holes off.

Gonna swing by @Van-go place in the morning a dig thru his leaf spring pile.

If that doesn’t work out, I’ll be in the look out for some Waggy lift springs if anyone has some. Not looking to spend much, of any money on new leaf springs cause it’s all coming right back out in a couple months.

What pieces do you need to do the 3 link? Just the tubing? Leave those leaf springs behind IMO. Wheel the Cherokee for a bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26” from rear eye to center pin, 23” from center pin to front eye. 49” eye to eye mostly flat at ride height

What pieces do you need to do the 3 link? Just the tubing? Leave those leaf springs behind IMO. Wheel the Cherokee for a bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The what? That blue yard ornament I have out back? Lol

That’s my backup plan. If I can’t find a spring by this weekend I’ll probably shift my focus the XJ. It needs a little attention. I really, really would just like to send that thing down the road and dump that money into the YJ but the wife refuses to let me sell it. Guess I should consider myself lucky cause some wives are completely opposite.

I’m really just trying to cobble this thing back together easily and cheaply for one last ride this year, then it’s 3 link time. I have almost everything. Just need the lower coil buckets

The what? That blue yard ornament I have out back? Lol

That’s my backup plan. If I can’t find a spring by this weekend I’ll probably shift my focus the XJ. It needs a little attention. I really, really would just like to send that thing down the road and dump that money into the YJ but the wife refuses to let me sell it. Guess I should consider myself lucky cause some wives are completely opposite.

I’m really just trying to cobble this thing back together easily and cheaply for one last ride this year, then it’s 3 link time. I have almost everything. Just need the lower coil buckets
Fabricoble? Well....just throw some springs under it. Make a set of custom boomerang offset leveraged space age fits all shackle and go flip it on its lid! Drives shaft length custom with some square tube and hammer on.
You already trailer it. Booger weld that mess and get to doin Dale things!

Never did find a spring. I pulled and fixed the transfer case but I did something wrong and it doesn’t shift out of 2wd. I think I know what I did wrong. Simple fix I’ll do shortly.

I had plans to 3 link it first of the year. But I have decided to sell this and the XJ. The YJ will likely return to David. The XJ will be posted on the forum first, and then market place at a higher price.

Never did find a spring. I pulled and fixed the transfer case but I did something wrong and it doesn’t shift out of 2wd. I think I know what I did wrong. Simple fix I’ll do shortly.

I had plans to 3 link it first of the year. But I have decided to sell this and the XJ. The YJ will likely return to David. The XJ will be posted on the forum first, and then market place at a higher price.
Mode ring on backwards?

Mode ring on backwards?

Perhaps. I hadn’t thought of that. My theory was that’s was because I didn’t swap my planetary gears over. It is Dodge 231 guts (bigger chain) but I didn’t bother changing the planetary gears since it all fit. I assumed it was fine and the same, so I put my back half guts in the front half of a 231J I got, like I did last time. Only last time I swapped everything. However, I do remember not being 100% certain about the ring direction.

Getting out of the hobby completely, or buying a buggy?

I’m ready to move into a buggy or well built, LS based 1 ton wrangler
I have a Toyota I’ll sell ya

The main thing that may keep us from making a deal is that teal.
You still have my old back of the tub so I can get my dents back? :flipoff2:

I have a Toyota I’ll sell ya

The main thing that may keep us from making a deal is that teal.
You still have my old back of the tub so I can get my dents back? :flipoff2:

That teal cage can be blacked out in no time lol. That old crunchy tub is long gone.

Thanks to a full day of work from @adamk this thing is back together and sitting on it’s on weight and level. It now runs XJ main leaf springs up front with some bastard mix of springs. XJ springs are super common and easy to find so it just made sense.

I have some minor things to button up and it will be posted on market place for $6500 OBO in a couple days. If anyone following this would be interested I’ll make you an NC4x4 deal. I have a touch over $7500 in this Jeep. If you’d like to have it, PM me and let’s talk. I don’t think it will last long once listed based on interest I’ve had here and there just mentioning it, but I could be wrong.

Thanks to a full day of work from @adamk this thing is back together and sitting on it’s on weight and level. It now runs XJ main leaf springs up front with some bastard mix of springs. XJ springs are super common and easy to find so it just made sense.

I have some minor things to button up and it will be posted on market place for $6500 OBO in a couple days. If anyone following this would be interested I’ll make you an NC4x4 deal. I have a touch over $7500 in this Jeep. If you’d like to have it, PM me and let’s talk. I don’t think it will last long once listed based on interest I’ve had here and there just mentioning it, but I could be wrong.
Guess y’all actually got some work done when I left.
Happy you got it back together buddy.

Back