EXTREME OFFROAD havelock...goldmine in the shadow

jeepercreature

Alex over at Extreme Offroad does some great work. Been meaning to post some info about the shop here. He is in Havelock, NC. He is very skilled. He won the main events at TTC in the past. After driving is Wheelin Rig from NJ to CALI. He can do anything from rockwells, 60s, 14 bolt, 44s. If anyone has been buy his shop you will see he has about 500k in parts and rigs. He has everything you need. He currently has about 200 tires. ranging for 35 BFG muds to the largest AG tires and 49 inch Iroks. He builds thing not to break. Some of the Current Shop Projects include

Chevy 2500 getting a totally new suspension and 52 inch military tires

three Jeeps getting totally rebuilt and restored. One from all new parts.

he has a dozen or so project that range for Ring and Pinions to total motor rebuilds.

If you need something done he can do it. His prices are normally about 20% less than the other guys.

Call him at 444-4440.

check him out in Telico where next year where hill will be wheelin his full size burban on 49s with Rockwells and four wheel steer. that thing can go anywhere and no bodies stopping it!!!

I tried to get him to do some work on my WJ with a teraflex lift, he said he does not work on that kind of stuff... So i am guessing he only does custom work...

well, it depends. His time is very valuable, you can get any place in NC to do bolt on things. He has a lot of custom work that is being done. It may have been a time thing. He installed a bolton kit to my Tj and did a great job. He just adjusted my steering too. He can do anything but he does not take all jobs. he does not like to get over booked. he has A LOT Of jobs in right now. He knows his time is valuable. CHeck with him again, he may be open to it now>

Glad your experience with him was better than mine. Aaron Jolly was not happy after I drove all the way to havelock to get his old rig last year from extreme only to find out the place was closed after alex promised him he would be there so we could pick the rig up unfinished 2 months after the due date. Some wicked stuff up there though. Mostly the big tire high horsepower mud trucks from what I saw though

6BangBronk said:
Is he the dude running "Unknown Tractor Axles" from NC that shows up in the 4X mag's?

You must be talking about Randy Torbett, but I don't think he lives in NC.

I would love to try a set of those New Holland (?) axles under my junk... 2 words: turning radius

Met him a while back, he's on NC101 just past the base in Havelock. If he's got time, he'll talk with you. He's got his own way of doing stuff, some of it I liked, some I didn't. His customers are primarily mudders but that has to do with location.

YMMV...

J

jeepercreature said:
Alex over at Extreme Offroad does some great work.

Yes, I have to agree that he does do some great work, .....when he does it. I enjoy talking and spending time with him as much as the next guy. The only thing to me it seems as if he has ADD, or is it just procrastination? He takes his time on most stuff. I am not trying to knock the guy, I mean if he has health issues or whatever...I just mean I know of a few people who had left there rigs up there for months and he didnt do much, if anything, and they decided to just forget about it.

jeepercreature said:
Yes, I have to agree that he does do some great work, .....when he does it. I enjoy talking and spending time with him as much as the next guy. The only thing to me it seems as if he has ADD, or is it just procrastination? He takes his time on most stuff. I am not trying to knock the guy, I mean if he has health issues or whatever...I just mean I know of a few people who had left there rigs up there for months and he didnt do much, if anything, and they decided to just forget about it.

Very true, however, he does like to go rockcrawling. It is more of a location thing like you said. He definitly does things his own way, and some of the things he does not look the best but normally out preforms the good looking stuff. He's a good guy, just very busy with many jobs. He is not like most shops that hire just about anyone to do the basis welding, minor fab, etc. He likes to do everything, therefor he is always behind, no secret there. But if you tell him you have a deadline and you actually pay him he will do great work.

85jimmy said:
jeepercreature said:

Don't go based on someones word. It they left there rig up there and nothing got done, it is because they did not pay for the parts Al fronted. That is the biggest problem. He starts work in good faith and they dont pay. Normally military members that say things like, "I am getting out or going to the sandbox and getting a bunch of extra money"
Then something happens, they dont get it and espect Al to still work on there vehicle even though they have not paid him anything. He does good work and has a fair price but he is in a place where he gets a lot of people that dont pay.

We are currently working on contracts for customers that will prevent all of this from happening.

jeepercreature said:
no sure what the comment above this one means, but whatever

This thread undermines the entire purpose of this category. I would love to read a true referral from a satisfied customer rather than an advertisement/promotion from a buddy trying to possibly pad his pockets or get some services. I imagine you were trying to be a good friend, but it sounds like you would have been better off not posting.

Sometimes saying nothing is better......

jeepercreature said:
Normally military members that say things like, "I am getting out or going to the sandbox and getting a bunch of extra money" Then something happens, they dont get it and espect Al to still work on there vehicle even though they have not paid him anything.

I bet this is the comment he was speaking of......

Back