F250 7.3 What have I done.....

ghost

So my F150 was totaled. See things that suck ass thread. I saw a F250 with the Tremor package at Raceway Ford in Hartsville not long ago but it's gone now. I've been looking around the Ford site and other car sites and am coming up empty. Any Tremor packaged trucks are not on the dealer web sites. I assume already sold. I see plenty of FX4 and even an STX packaged F250. I was hoping to find a 7.3 to drive but that is even a challenge. Crossroads Ford in Indian Trail has the most 7.3's on their website. Thinking about calling them to see how many they actually have and if they have any inbound. I read something recently about new vehicle shortages. Anyone have any google skills to sniff one out because I'm coming up empty....

So my F150 was totaled. See things that suck ass thread. I saw a F250 with the Tremor package at Raceway Ford in Hartsville not long ago but it's gone now. I've been looking around the Ford site and other car sites and am coming up empty. Any Tremor packaged trucks are not on the dealer web sites. I assume already sold. I see plenty of FX4 and even an STX packaged F250. I was hoping to find a 7.3 to drive but that is even a challenge. Crossroads Ford in Indian Trail has the most 7.3's on their website. Thinking about calling them to see how many they actually have and if they have any inbound. I read something recently about new vehicle shortages. Anyone have any google skills to sniff one out because I'm coming up empty....
I know a guy. Made a call for you and he's going to call me back. He's got a PSD Tremor on the lot but not a 7.3...he's going to look around to see if he can find one and get back to me.

I know a guy. Made a call for you and he's going to call me back. He's got a PSD Tremor on the lot but not a 7.3...he's going to look around to see if he can find one and get back to me.
Cool thanks. I really want to drive the 7.3 but they are scarce down here. When I stared this search I was surprised to see the PSD is a 10K charge.

TREMORS-1.jpg

"That's how they get ya... they're under the damn ground!"

I went and drove one, and Holy shat, the strongest truck I ever drove.

Clonniger ford morganton has one FX4 in 7.3
Yes I am finding plenty of the FX4's. I did find one on line but it's that new red and I'm not a fan.

My buddy took his wheeling with us it did pretty good I like the 7.3 very similar to my power wagon but way nicer he just got a full carli king setup and 37s for it here is a pre lift photo of us

Attachments

• 0721AF15-BAE4-466B-B40B-0F09E038D4D2.jpeg
    0721AF15-BAE4-466B-B40B-0F09E038D4D2.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 224
Everytime I read this thread title I think @ghost is looking for help identifying a shudder in an f250 he already bought :lol:
Either I'll get what I want or I will get a couple year older gas truck and then try again after things get back to normal. I know one thing not having a truck after 20+ years of having one sucks.

However, I would not be apposed to a 2020 7.3 with a deep discount either....

What’s the markup on a tremor package? I feel like even the XL trim is nice if it comes with an electronic locker from factory.
Markup or sticker? I have no idea on the markup but I'd imagine it's a very profitable vehicle for Ford. The Tremor I looked at a couple weeks ago that started this desire was $55K and an XLT.

I say you buy a >$7000 truck and skip the payments so you can go wheeling more, and get to Harlan more than once a year. :rockon:
I’m pretty sure every Tremor pack is more than $7k...

I say you buy a >$7000 truck and skip the payments so you can go wheeling more, and get to Harlan more than once a year. :rockon:
Going wheeling is more about not being able to get away from the work computer. I run a couple trucks and broker freight and it varies from week to week. Usually when I realize I can get away it's Thursday....

From a dealer sticker: TREMOR OFF-ROAD PACKAGE"
OFF ROAD LT285/75R18E AT.
SKID PLATES.
LOW GLOSS BLCK PNT ALUM-18"WH.
8-WAY POWER SEAT-DRIVER
10000# GVWR PACKAGE
$3,975.00

Last edited:
SKID PLATES.
8-WAY POWER SEAT-DRIVER
10000# GVWR PACKAGE
$3,975.00.35
So are you saying it's $3,975.00 or $397,500.35?

I just picked a random number I felt like could buy a good reliable truck. I know nothing of the Tremor or why it’s so special. I like a truck that checks all the need boxes and a few want boxes, and has no payments.

In related news....I filled up at Sheetz this AM and 87 was $2.59

It was below $2.40 2 days ago
"Prices are up .40c gallon since the inauguration and predicted to shoot above + $1/gal before Q3" - customer of mine today in the C Store biz.

On topic:
IMHO, unless you NEED the 4.30 gear in the Tremor package, the 3.55 with the rear E locker does really well. There just isn't enough upside to me though to pay for the black wheels, stickers and front limited slip. Plus its not available in a longbed. You can get the 10k GVWR package without it and the rear locker makes the truck pretty solid offroad by itself. I messed up and test drove one a while back in both trims. Side by side, a 3.55 geared 7.3 will run right with the 6.7 diesel up to about 65 then the diesel pulls a little harder up top. Finding leftover 2020 7.3's isn't easy, but they're out there. FWIW, my father in law delivers trucks for Altec and so far every company that has bought a 7.3 has nothing but good things to say including him.

Last edited:
SKID PLATES.
8-WAY POWER SEAT-DRIVER
10000# GVWR PACKAGE
$3,975.00

No 'off-road shocks'?

Back