F250 7.3 What have I done.....

Plus with how easy it is to get a dealer to ship a car, if you can find one for a grand or more cheaper than local its worth it.
Not sure if it's the same down there, but places like "parkway Ford " have like 7 locations. So typically they have what you want, and it's a free swap

I said what I said for consideration. I’m not above anyone or hating on anyone for having a payment. It’s true, you only live THIS life once. Buy a new truck if you want. Nothing wrong with that. I only encourage people to avoid payments from the perspective of knowing how nice it is to not have any. Once you know what thats like you can’t help but encourage others to strive for that.

Keep in mind some people saying get it have also NEVER been without a payment and are always upside down from trading in repeatedly.
Not this hombre. Last new truck I bought was in 2014 and between my trade in & the check I wrote, I drove off owning it. Wife is driving a 2008 Sahara Unlimited that we bought outright. We pay for our vehicles and drive the hell out of them. Granted, we’re not at your 500k mile level - that’s damn impressive. We own our house. We‘ve been very fortunate, dual income, no kids by choice & circumstance, worked our asses off & can afford to splurge when we want. I’ve never met @ghost but from his posts he seems like a hell of a nice guy and a hard working, sensible, responsible, common sense type of guy. I doubt he’d sign up for a note that would put him in a hard spot.

I totally get where you’re coming from Phillip. Only bills we have are utilities and whatever we put on the credit card, and we pay that off each and every month. I would not advocate for anyone that is upside down, or irresponsible to sign up for a truck like that. Ghost doesn’t seem like he is that type of person.

Just letting you know where I’m coming from. I know we all want the best for @ghost and the next time I find my way way in his territory, he can expect an inbound message for a cold beer.

Can you just do a keyword search for "Tremor" in autotrader and then set the engine size to 7.0-7.9 liter? I'm sure the results aren't perfect, but looks like 75 of them in the entire US:
Filter by color and price and you'll be down to the available options for your criteria pretty quickly.

First 4 clicks I made were bad matt.Either had a 6.2 or weren't a tremor pack

First 4 clicks I made were bad matt.Either had a 6.2 or weren't a tremor pack
This is one of many reasons why I hate car dealers. They are intentionally listing 6.2 trucks as 7.3s. One easy visual filter is the black wheels for the Tremor.

Nah, my bad. Just saw a few postings on the link that were $70k plus. There were also listings that were less than that.
Probably Lariats with false keywords added in.

Plus with how easy it is to get a dealer to ship a car, if you can find one for a grand or more cheaper than local its worth it.

Three dealers told me right now no dealer would transfer anything easily. The Tremor is apparently hot and they know it and new stuff is in short supply.

Can you just do a keyword search for "Tremor" in autotrader and then set the engine size to 7.0-7.9 liter? I'm sure the results aren't perfect, but looks like 75 of them in the entire US:
Filter by color and price and you'll be down to the available options for your criteria pretty quickly.

I looked at several sites including that one and don't have the fuju you have. I got my best luck looking at Ford then going to dealer site. Modified it because no way I'm stepping into anything above an XLT new. Came back with 19 trucks. I've pretty much decided I need a truck and I want the 7.3 in said truck. The Tremor in GA was $59,414 they offered it at $57,000 out the door with my 2014 Jetta as a trade in. ($3500 for the Jetta. I told them they were $7K off.

Three dealers told me right now no dealer would transfer anything easily. The Tremor is apparently hot and they know it and new stuff is in short supply.

I looked at several sites including that one and don't have the fuju you have. I got my best luck looking at Ford then going to dealer site. Modified it because no way I'm stepping into anything above an XLT new. Came back with 19 trucks. I've pretty much decided I need a truck and I want the 7.3 in said truck. The Tremor in GA was $59,414 they offered it at $57,000 out the door with my 2014 Jetta as a trade in. ($3500 for the Jetta. I told them they were $7K off.
They are probably not too far off on your Jetta unfortunately. I was thinking about selling my 2014 TDI Passat last week, and the going rate for asking price is about $6-8k. If they world makes any sense, the similar Jetta should be slightly less. And trade in would be about half of those numbers.

They are probably not too far off on your Jetta unfortunately. I was thinking about selling my 2014 TDI Passat last week, and the going rate for asking price is about $6-8k. If they world makes any sense, the similar Jetta should be slightly less. And trade in would be about half of those numbers.
That is crazy to me. I feel like my car is worth $5K easy yours 10K. Mine has 137K which is what I was told killed the value by a wholeseller friend of my son. He also claimed the truck I was looking at would cost him $45K to get.

That is crazy to me. I feel like my car is worth $5K easy yours 10K. Mine has 137K which is what I was told killed the value by a wholeseller friend of my son. He also claimed the truck I was looking at would cost him $45K to get.
I paid $8500 for mine with 85k miles 2 years ago, and I thought the prices were low then. It was a great deal, but the going rate was about $10k at the time. Now ones with that mileage are $8-9k and over 100k miles are sub $8k. Rising fuel prices might drive the values up a little, and should drive big gas v8 truck prices down a little. My personal opinion is that it might be worth waiting 3-6 months to revisit this truck topic.

I bet if you wait till June you will get that truck about $10,000.00 cheaper when the gas and diesel prices are around $5.00 a gallon and the unemployment is doubled by then.

Regarding new cost.
We just bought 15 new trucks for work. I decided to try and piggy back on that buying power when I had the itch several weeks ago.

On a lariat trimmed f250 I could buy it at 93.5% of sticker. Couldn't get any better.

Now on a 150, I could get in the 77-78 range...lower if I went top of the line

Glenn if you want I can send you some digits and you can try for X plan pricing with Ford. I guess we are close enough kin to pull it off possibly. On a $50k vehicle it normally knocks $5-7k off for us. It will likely drop your trade value a little but personally I’d sell the Jetta yourself and get more than trading.

Glenn if you want I can send you some digits and you can try for X plan pricing with Ford. I guess we are close enough kin to pull it off possibly. On a $50k vehicle it normally knocks $5-7k off for us. It will likely drop your trade value a little but personally I’d sell the Jetta yourself and get more than trading.
Nice to meet you long lost first cousin.

Thanks for the heads up. Sent you a message. Wife did some research and her employer, Blue Cross Blue Shield, makes her eligible for the x plan.

Verdict is in. Dealer with the Black one found a gray one an hour away.
6A8025A0-0DCD-4F70-A33B-98E64494C6A9.jpeg

Gorgeous, love the color. Can’t wait to hear how it tows!!

Like a monster from what I’ve heard. 5 star tunes can really wake one up as well. Somewhere in the 120 hp and 200 ft lbs torque out of a tune on a gas motor is crazy.
I have watched the TFL Truck guys on YouTube test it quite a bit and they give it outstanding reviews. Towing heavy over Ike’s gauntlet too.

Back