FB MP finds of the day.

One of yall needs these.
1677783031322.png

@1-tonmudder might be worth a drive. Don't you get stupid money for tobacco sticks?

Those are at or above market value.Every other barn here has a couple of 1000 sticks in em.Ive saw em for .10/stick before.The money is/was in the baskets.4/5 years ago we were getting as much as $200 per basket but the fad has past and (with some exception) they only bring about $65/$75 now.We sell at the Liberty Antique Festival in Staley and see some of em for $100/$125 but they dont seem to sell.At $75 we move em pretty good.
s-l1600 (2).jpg

There's sumpin in the water in SC.
Screenshot (5).png

Those are at or above market value.Every other barn here has a couple of 1000 sticks in em.Ive saw em for .10/stick before.The money is/was in the baskets.4/5 years ago we were getting as much as $200 per basket but the fad has past and (with some exception) they only bring about $65/$75 now.We sell at the Liberty Antique Festival in Staley and see some of em for $100/$125 but they dont seem to sell.At $75 we move em pretty good.
View attachment 393008
There was a few hundred sticks and a tobacco baler in the barn on our property when we lived Surgoinsville. I left them there when we moved. If I knew you could’ve made something on them I would’ve given them to you.

I can actually hear this pic!
Back when I lived at my Home place, I had a 72 CJ-5, with 33" Hawgs. Home was a mile down Oakdale Rd., from Hwy 16. Late at night [after 8 -9 pm], Mom & Dad, could hear me coming off Hwy 16! Home didn't have AC, so in the summer the windows were open!

Attachments

• Scan0012.jpg
    Scan0012.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 60
There was a few hundred sticks and a tobacco baler in the barn on our property when we lived Surgoinsville. I left them there when we moved. If I knew you could’ve made something on them I would’ve given them to you.
Sticks are about more work than they are worth.

Yeah. I gave a bunch to a buddy to stake up new trees on his farm.
I bought several 1000 of em a few years ago and most appeared to be white oak.Storm blew the cover off of them and they got wet.Impossible to get dried out while in a stack.They began to rot almost immediately.
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

View attachment 393008

Were you at the Liberty Antique Festival this past year? I was there and spent a few $ on a couple furniture pieces.

Were you at the Liberty Antique Festival this past year? I was there and spent a few $ on a couple furniture pieces.
Yep we are in row U space # 8.

Man I’d love to have a bunch of those sticks. Would work well on the sawmill for lumber to dry out.
Yep, when I saw em I thought "those would make great stickers to go between fresh sawn lumber"

Back