Feeler Thread, what's it worth? 1970 K20

shelby27604

I am thinking about selling my 1970 K20, it is a plain jane from the factory truck, only options were a 12" clutch and a step bumper.

Truck is orange, with lots of rust in the usual places, green interior (originally matched the green exterior).

The truck has a 250 I6 w/ 4bbl, 500 cfm carb, 3 on the tree, NP205, D44 (or corp. 10 bolt), HO52 rear axle, both front and rear axles have lockers and 4.10 gears, front axle has disc. brakes. The truck did get a power brake booster upgrade when I bought it.

The truck was running and driving, and in regular use until a couple of years ago, when it was parked infavor of my 02 denali, and due to rust in the floors.

Lots of good parts, wondering what people think the sum of the parts is worth or if I should just part it out? I know the 4.10 locked HO52 eaton rear third is an expensive piece all by itself....thoughts?

Pics please! :bounce:

The front will be a Dana 44. 10 bolts didn't come around until late 70s. 67-72 is a very desirable body style.

Front axle is not original to the truck, 70 K20 was a single year axle, open knuckle drums! It was cost prohibitive to do a brake job years ago, so I swapped in an 8 lug, locked axle with disc. brakes.

Attachments

• KIMG2152.jpg
    KIMG2152.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 421
  • KIMG1074.jpg
    KIMG1074.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 395
  • KIMG2156.jpg
    KIMG2156.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 320
$175

this is the for sale section. You have no price, and this is a feeler thread. Have you read the rules in the for sale section?

With that said, I am very interested in this truck. If you decide to sell, post a price & remove the feeler status so I will understand that you are selling something in the vehicle for sale section. I may buy it, been looking for a project.

Thanks

moved to chit chat because this seems like a discussion not a for sale thread

Thanks, it was a late night post....my brain chose the right forum, but my fingers were drunk!

Lots of non-sub $200 offers / interest, coming in, I will be posting a legit for sale thread this weekend when I get the chance to clean it up if it isn't sold by then

Clean and clear title and I have a notary on hand, and a tilt bed 14k trailer, I could deliver for a small fee, I think I will have Friday off this week too.

Wish I had the space for it...would make a good big brother for my 62 C20. Whats the "usual rust"? Floor pans, rockers, kick panels and cab corners? Any rust in the top of the cab? I'm guessing most folks would ditch the 250, but I'm a fan. Prices are all over the place these days....

No rust on the top of the cab, yup to all tge places listed.
I love the 250, If I put it back on the road, I would ditch the 500 cfm 4bbl for a fomoco 350 2bbl

both front and rear axles have lockers
WHat kinda locker?? Full case or drop in?? You sure its a locker and not a LS?? Did you put it in or take someones word for it?? Not tryin to be a dick but I see it all the time,sellers says they have lockers but dont know what kinda and wont pull the cover to check.The rear probably has a no spin.

No offense taken, Rear is a factory locker (full case) for the Eaton HO52, I believe GM did call it a no-spin in their sales literature. I pulled the factory open 4.56 third member and swapped in the 4.10 locked third in the rear.

I can't remember if I laid eyes on the front setup or not, the swap was a whirlwind a decade ago when the truck absolutely had to be up and running, could be a lunch box locker, could be a detroit, I am willing to pull the front cover for anyone with cash in hand, we can set a value for with and without a locker if it is that important to the buyer.
Truck was unstoppable back in the day, this was my daily driver, work truck, and offroad toy.

No offense taken, Rear is a factory locker (full case) for the Eaton HO52, I believe GM did call it a no-spin in their sales literature. I pulled the factory open 4.56 third member and swapped in the 4.10 locked third in the rear.

I can't remember if I laid eyes on the front setup or not, the swap was a whirlwind a decade ago when the truck absolutely had to be up and running, could be a lunch box locker, could be a detroit, I am willing to pull the front cover for anyone with cash in hand, we can set a value for with and without a locker if it is that important to the buyer.
Truck was unstoppable back in the day, this was my daily driver, work truck, and offroad toy.
The no spin is basically a Detroit and goes in the open carrier just like a 14 bolt.

I saw a bid of $350. I think that's a pretty fair bid, but I will go $2 per cubic inch, so $500, but that's my top dollar.

Back