Fj Buggy: V8,Rear steer,Toy axles

NEW TRAIL:

Me, Braxton, Josh(gonovrit), and Tim cleared it about 3 weeks ago...Tim and I went down it then(nasty)...On Friday, Robert(dawgtoy) and I ran it again from the top side(still Nasty). Then on Saturday morning a bunch of us lined up on it...I hit it first, followed by Kyle(cumminsdzl) and a few others...It took me about 1 hr to run it from bottom to top.

PJ's buggy is ugly and sucks. I watched him come up the new trail.:shaking: pathetic lol

what kinda fuel pump are you running?

Well what do you think happened? :flipoff2:

HINT (this is mearly a reenactment):

awww.billhughes.com_dana35c_broken1axle.jpg

broken shaft

It was the short side shaft... I know not to many people were around when i attemted the wall but i feel confident that stock 35 spline 60 stuff would have broken as well..Took a bad bounce and all weight on that side... It did however break kind of funny i will get pics up soon. Broke the outer 1/2 inch off the shaft... BUt the clip was in the groove:confused:.. I ordered a complete set of spares from Bobby today to hold me over till i can afford axle overhaul...

You definitly had all the weight on that side axle. The bounce didn't look that bad, but it was definitly a built 1 ton situation.

It was the short side shaft... I know not to many people were around when i attemted the wall but i feel confident that stock 35 spline 60 stuff would have broken as well..Took a bad bounce and all weight on that side... It did however break kind of funny i will get pics up soon. Broke the outer 1/2 inch off the shaft... BUt the clip was in the groove:confused:.. I ordered a complete set of spares from Bobby today to hold me over till i can afford axle overhaul...

IIRC PJ, your rear steer was turned hard left with all the weight on the one side. I agree that built one ton stuff would have been pushed as well..Still a bad arse buggy man

Just giving you crap PJ. Very impressive build man. April fools day crawl?

april fools..

Yes heading up on thurs. hopefully. Catch up and lets ride... Here are some crappy pics of the shaft. Broke at teh machined recess for ring...:confused: The only other one i have seen personally broke in teh same place.. Bobby Still has the beef when it comes to toyota axles though... This makes me rethink the rockwell center with sami outer axle i was going to build....
awww.mandmfab.com_sitebuildercontent_sitebuilderpictures_.pond_103_1169.JPG.w560h315.jpg

Cool, yall camping? I will be heading up on thursday also. No classes on friday is the SHAT :lol:

Nope, staying at the Holiday inn.... Should get in thurs. around dark.. I would say i would call ya but harlan phone service sucketh....We will probably be around the lower rock garden fri morning though doin some bsing...see ya there.

axle pic

better pic
awww.mandmfab.com_sitebuildercontent_sitebuilderpictures_.pond_103_1169.JPG.w560h315.jpg

That seems like a weird place for it to break. Almost like the splines werent fully engaged. :confused:

That is a crazy clean break.

Yeah, i have seen one other broken long shaft.. it broke the same way... My clip was in the valley were it was supposed to be... but broken......Smaller peice was in the outside were it should have been... NOt a metelergest or anything.. but guessing that the shaft actually twisted then broke at the weak point(machined recess) then shot the remaining shaft toward spider gear. The 300 m star looked good barely any abuse from spinning. but it did the damage on the end of the shaft... Just my thought...

Back