Flame suit on... I now drive with my tow mirrors flipped up

This is the dumbest thing I've heard today, it's still early though. We have multiple trucks all different brands with multiple hundreds of thousands of miles on each truck. The dodge interiors chassis and trans have all faired better than the ford trucks.

Maybe but if he likes everything ford except the engine then it would be smarter to swap the engine into a Ford than swapping mirrors interior and trans etc into the dodge

I think you may have misinterpreted me, by swap I mean replace the Dodge with a Ford. No way in hell would I bastardize a truck that way.

I'm a Ford guy that own's a Dodge because I drank the cool aid and figured out it taste like shit, at this point nothing said to me is going to make me like a Dodge over a Ford.

I gotta say, anyone that thinks Dodge mirrors work as well or better folded down is fooling themselves. That or they don't use their mirrors.

It’s Ram, and yes I use my mirrors... down. They work as intended. Your opinion doesn’t affect their functionality or my judgement.

Weird that you do this shit to other people all the fucking time, and yet accuse others of doing it constantly.

Glass houses, etc.

It's called Sarcasm...and yes...I do that shit all the time.

I'd send a nice zingger your way, but @RatLabGuy and @Chris_Keziah would quote it and and add to the fire, then we'd all get ANOTHER PM for your wife telling us to stop picking on you :lol::flipoff2:

I'd send a nice zingger your way, but @RatLabGuy and @Chris_Keziah would quote it and and add to the fire, then we'd all get ANOTHER PM for your wife telling us to stop picking on you :lol::flipoff2:

57945003.jpg

I gotta say, anyone that thinks Dodge mirrors work as well or better folded down is fooling themselves. That or they don't use their mirrors.

This is my second 4th gen Cummins (both duallys) and I have absolutely no issue running with the mirrors down. Seat and mirrors properly adjusted I can see as much as with them up. My trailer or camper goes on my mirrors go up. I use my mirrors constantly as I’m a very observant driver and have a thing about my surroundings while on the road.

On another note though, I agree with the sentiment about size comparison between Ford and Dodge mirrors. Fords are actually bigger by surface area and don’t go anywhere. I’m not sure where the stigma of dodge “tow mirrors” came from except as perpetuated by Bro-Dozer douche nozzles. Their douchiness is not brand specific though.

I didn't take it personally just don't see how someone can think it looks dumb when other trucks have mirrors just as large or larger but they are fine with those and not the dodge ones.

I think it’s the way they’re mounted. Ford simply has theirs extendable. The mirror doesn’t rotate and look unnatural. The Ram mirror is designed to be better looking down and kind of odd when flipped up IMHO. The only thing worse is the old school Chevy mirrors that had the accordion cover on the extendable portion.

This is my second 4th gen Cummins (both duallys) and I have absolutely no issue running with the mirrors down. Seat and mirrors properly adjusted I can see as much as with them up. My trailer or camper goes on my mirrors go up. I use my mirrors constantly as I’m a very observant driver and have a thing about my surroundings while on the road.

On another note though, I agree with the sentiment about size comparison between Ford and Dodge mirrors. Fords are actually bigger by surface area and don’t go anywhere. I’m not sure where the stigma of dodge “tow mirrors” came from except as perpetuated by Bro-Dozer douche nozzles. Their douchiness is not brand specific though.

I think the Dodge douche stigma of tow mirrors has came from early Cummins owners of the younger age honestly.

You mean you got one of those too!?!?

The Ford mirrors are superior in every way. The also look less racist because they have 2 telescoping supports instead of a black guy holding a rectangle out the window.

I dig the mirrors on my 2500HD...I just wish the convex part of the mirror at the bottom was also power.

Back