Four doors, six 52's, and 855 cubes. Monster tow rig build.

Really clean work on the cab extension!

i just want to say....after looking through this whole build, you are awesome!!! i wouldn't even know where to start on something like that and to see the craftsmanship and fabrication and skill you put into such a cool project, this is purely awesomeness. hats off to you sir for such a cool build!!! (on side note, props to ALL fabricators out there who build buggies/truggies and such!!)

I wish I had pictures of it on the truck! I just started a job 3-days a week, and the other days seem to get filled up with doing other stuff. On another note, I should have a new 'toy' being delivered next week sometime. My skid steer is often not stable enough for lifting heavy stuff, it was very sketchy lifting the quad cab (so much so I planned to remove the seats to install it on the truck). This lift should handle the cab (and other stuff I pick up) much better than my skid steer does.

alh3_googleusercontent_com_Z_gv41pmP47UxO_grYgyFkddaL4FLivJy3a946237fdcefaf716dfed5e92c7e59848.jpg

alh3_googleusercontent_com_Ynv9Ct1wVR8t33DqzUQbHdo4hbybP9Z7jRee323ae93d3fce628ec2f58b981796d1a.jpg

What happened to this?

Still sitting in my driveway haha. I did sell the transmission and transfer case out of it, I have a 5-speed Allison to go back in it and a buddy has a 2-speed transfer case out of a HET. Should make it a little easier to drive.

Still sitting in my driveway haha. I did sell the transmission and transfer case out of it, I have a 5-speed Allison to go back in it and a buddy has a 2-speed transfer case out of a HET. Should make it a little easier to drive.
Cool, when do you plan to start back on it?

I decided I wanted to reclaim some driveway space, so I got the cab off the ground and sat it in place. It is sitting about 6-8" higher than it will be when actually mounted, I had to put blocks under it so I could get the forks out. It was pretty sketchy sitting it up there by myself, but not the sketchiest thing I have ever done!

IMG_20190311_105458745.jpg
IMG_20190311_103243634.jpg

Back