Frankenstein Street Queen (a.k.a. SpeedBump)

Diff cover installed. And UNPAINTED

what?!?!?!

Lol. And got the 4x4 shifter installed. Gave up trying to bend that sucker. Just notched the floor. For the best I think until I know for sure how I’m gunna build the center console for the winters shifter for the 4L60e. So for now, I got a tree limb for a shifter haha.

FYI. Not impressed at all with the Novak shifter. LOTS of flex in it.

13121904154f887b06ddd41666dfcf9a.jpg

1927e0683ba5a146a5086dffda0ab5e9.jpg

pulled it out. discovered a front axle leak out the long tube. anyone know if a way to replace the seal only pulling out the one side, rather than both axle shafts to pound the new one in from the opposite end?

discovered the prop valve is leaking. guess need to pick up some teflon tape? unless someone can recommend a better thread sealer with brake fluid?

wired up the speakers and took a test drive to test the brakes after another tweak - stops much better. found the rear lines were pinched shut with the flex tube and cockeyed clamp. hoping to bolt up the skid this weekend and ready for its first smash and dash!

Got the truck tagged. Rated for 26k GC or less. Woot! Back to trailer planning.

Picked up spare front shafts. Need to locate rears. Then ready for first trail after giving everything a once over.

Still need to rewire the dash, soldering ***every*** connection this time. Gunna use some delphi connections i have in stock now, this time. Picked up two 5 point harnesses. Need to grab some flanges from @Barnes 4wd and need to putt a upper and lower crossmember on the B pillar for the harness mounting. Going to leave out the sub belt for now until i have the A pillar and floor grid welded in.

Still need to diagnose/fix this gas guage issue. Going to need to drop the tank at some point and figure something else out. Im tempted to just let it be for now, and go to a fuel cell when Im ready to stretch the rear with different leafs and link the front (im thinking next summer for this).

And the journey continues....

Dude, this bitch is hot. I've only skimmed a few pages, but next time I have a minute, I'm gonna have to read this thing cover to cover.

@Scooter402 thanks man! Lots planned for it stages. Gunna rock out these 3/4 ton axles while I do all the other stuff.

@orange150 I’m shocked but not really but gives me hope with all future upgrades I’ll be under 5k

Halted trailer plans for the time being. Gunna be in a the 'Drive In / Drive Out' club probably until next summer.

Had hoped to make it to the SHOP, but ended up making it a much enjoyed family day. Got doors off and waiting for the next house guest to voluntell into helping to remove the hardtop. Then will be welding in teh harness crossmembers and get the diff axle seal replaced.

Halted trailer plans for the time being. Gunna be in a the 'Drive In / Drive Out' club probably until next summer.

Had hoped to make it to the SHOP, but ended up making it a much enjoyed family day. Got doors off and waiting for the next house guest to voluntell into helping to remove the hardtop. Then will be welding in teh harness crossmembers and get the diff axle seal replaced.
Give me about a week for mine to get tags/insurance on it and I'll be road tripping it to assville. By way of @Paul house, of course. An elephant never forgets, unless said elephant is drunk on a riverbank somewhere. The cool club bar has been set.

Finally getting around to the inner axle seals.

They were not torn or anything. But they are sort of... stretched it seems. Hmm. Goin by Napa tomorrow.

62844528abe08b89841c3e25264f45a3.jpg

I see you figured out how to get it in the garage.

I see you figured out how to get it in the garage.

I can drive right in and out with no top. With the hard top on I have to unlatch the garage door and push it up higher and block it open with a piece of wood and then it drives in fine with hardtop. Fairly easy considering lol

Got new seals in this time. And got one side done and spindle done on the other side.

Also. Side note. Figured out why I’ve always had trouble getting the snap rings on the axle shaft,,, there were two seals on the spindle!!! You can see one of the extras in the catch pan. Amazing how something so little can cause so much aggravation.

60c7db7d2e02db529d405093ade7806a.jpg

94ebb5dd76e0f9c37a901404f1c077aa.jpg

Welp. Axle is back together. Now need to lap the brake line fittings and get this leak fixed. Skid plate on. Tighten 4wd shifter. Harness crossmembers. And then go have some fun!

Seat belts installed. Brake master leak fixed. Axle seals are done. All ready for first putting mid next week.

Found out the hard way the stock skid plate bolt holes are rotted. Gunna need to figure something different out.

So hole saw the side of the rail and then drill out the old and weld in new nuts? Should I plate over the access hole or leave it?

Back