free roll cage material

Still no message?

I'm still waiting. I can send one now and one when you get back on .035?

Want me to send one for .023 also?

I'll repeat: Put up or shut up.

Stop making excuses and execute an easy remedial weld compared to the out of position plate to pipe work you have already posted pictures of.

Loganwayne...I actually remember you and from what i remember you're an alright dude...

Now I know you're full of shit

While I realize that this is possible, I don't do it because I don't have to.

I just ordered a beer that cost 419 feet of .030 flux core

*Rick Ross voice* Baaaaallllliiiiiinnnnn

Side note: feet of flux core is my new preferred standard currency

yeah, agreed. I just hate dealing with that tangle of wire and you're already down there in the side of the unit, so why not? its also a side effect of being a farmers grandson= waste nothing.

and yes, for the record I do have a 110v unit at my farm and at home I have a 220v MIG for regular duty and a stick welder for things that require real penetration. they all have merit and they all fill a need. if everything in the hobby/consumer market could be welded with 110v, then miller would have a very small product line. btw, how are you dealing with duty cycle on that poor little thing? bet you're even using a run of the mill extension cord to feed that thing and 15amp outlet too.

there are many on the board that remember when I was so poor that I couldn't get a $20 out of the cash machine, so I know about that too. broke aint no excuse for dumbassery/cobbled together crap. Ive spent many a day in the watauga county dump looking for metal- to practice with, and build shelves, not for structural members.

proceed to tell me that I dont know what Im talking about… :popcorn:

images (3).jpg

bet you're even using a run of the mill extension cord to feed that thing and 15amp outlet too.
again not as dumb as you think: it's on its own circuit with 30amp breaker so with .35 wire on highest heat, it can really put out the max 135amps and it does. After roughly 8/9minutes of welding that high/hot though it will trip the breaker but that only happened once....when i fully welded in that guys 5th wheel hitch long time ago and got about 3/4 way done it cut off...waited 10min to cool down and finished it up...wish i had a picture of that job...it was one of my best weld jobs (I do admit I was little nervous welding that as was my first time doing something SO Serious but it turned out awesome and 6yrs later he still pulls and not a single fracture/stress on any of the welds.

How do you deal with inflation; do you go up a diameter?

Ive got to potentially fire a guy tomorrow, so Im kinda stressed out so you REALLY made my day.

I'll send a paypal gift to buy a 'sixer of their favorite brew to anyone if they post up StretchASU's word to urban dictionary or wikipedia.

Ive got to potentially fire a guy tomorrow, so Im kinda stressed out so you REALLY made my day.

I'll send a paypal gift to buy a 'sixer of their favorite brew to anyone if they post up StretchASU's word to urban dictionary or wikipedia.

If you have an employee that needs to be fired you are not firing them they have fired themselves. After a few years in management and having a hard time dealing with firing an employee my Grandfather gave me that very true advice. Never has bothered me since.

Side note: feet of flux core is my new preferred standard currency
Win!
Can we get this added to the Google currency translator?

John, send me your address.
I will have a new roll of 35 sent to you just so you can do this "on the cheap" since that seems to matter. I will also set up pre-paid postage for you to send the sample to Mac or whomever you would like.
Just PM me an address, at this point between us, your expense should be $0.

its already been posted and when i get that bigger wire, i will be happy to...still won't prove that i can't weld everyday normal use DD vehicle applications for normal wear and tear but like i told the other guy, you can have your field day with it I'm sure

No.

And still no message.

Even better, if you don't feel comfortable sending me.your address, who is the closest vendor on nc, that you know? I'll send it there?

It's time you are held accountable for all the crap you spew about welding. It's time to put your money where you mouth is, and put up or shut up.

I'm completely calling you out JF.

If it's that big of a deal, I used Google and some quick math.

2 lbs spool of solid .030 is 826 ft. Flux core, is less dense than solid wire, and typically has more wire on spool than solid.

So at minimum, a $16 spool of flux core, is about $0.019 per foot.

You excuse about too broke to weld a test is invalid.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160226_be928f801e4a1c0d28ce2da08fc49fc7.jpg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160226_e0c7c462edc0f6597429b40d1314974b.jpg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160226_60bdd918e7f6e56492b84df6251aac98.jpg

its already been posted and when i get that bigger wire, i will be happy to...still won't prove that i can't weld everyday normal use DD vehicle applications for normal wear and tear but like i told the other guy, you can have your field day with it I'm sure

No.

And still no message.

Even better, if you don't feel comfortable sending me.your address, who is the closest vendor on nc, that you know? I'll send it there?

It's time you are held accountable for all the crap you spew about welding. It's time to put your money where you mouth is, and put up or shut up.

I'm completely calling you out JF.

If it's that big of a deal, I used Google and some quick math.

2 lbs spool of solid .030 is 826 ft. Flux core, is less dense than solid wire, and typically has more wire on spool than solid.

So at minimum, a $16 spool of flux core, is about $0.019 per foot.

You excuse about too broke to weld a test is invalid.

View attachment 210769

View attachment 210770

View attachment 210771

MATH BITCHES!!!!

martyjohn,

I will sweeten the deal for you. All you need to do is *honestly* take the challenge (you do the welding yourself, with your 110 machine) using the 3/8 coupons and tested by Mac5005.

If you pass visual and bend test, I will donate $100 in your honor to the Methodist Home for Children (Methodist Home for Children — Inspiring hope. Changing lives.). They'll send you a neat acknowledgement card and everything. (I'd offer your favorite charity, but couldn't stomach something stupid like supporting Bernie or Hillary, suggest something if you want).

If you fail, you man up, and admit in this thread that you are not the welder/fabricator that you profess to be, and that you admit that you just might kill somebody someday with your weak attempts at welding and fabrication.

If by some miracle you pass, PM me and remind me of this, will do asap.

DP (putting MY money where my mouth is)

If you fail, you man up, and admit in this thread that you are not the welder/fabricator that you profess to be, and that you admit that you just might kill somebody someday with your weak attempts at welding and fabrication.
sorry dude but no. 1. never claimed to be some big fabricator welder, ever. 2. I've only stated that what i can weld is what i can weld for me and my uses and for customers vehicles with the normal 3/16 stuff and has never ever failed. 3. Talk to Madjeepj10 about his mishap face down laurel lane of "what welds" held up and what broke and how his winch bumper (only welded not bolted) has held up to 12,000lb winch fully under stress has held up. 4. I will never ever admit for your satisfaction that I create dangerous work on people's vehicles and will someday harm/kill anybody.
You people need proof of welds???? you need proof that my welds hold up????
---YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED by looking at my jeep that ALL OF YOU had made bets over a year ago that my control arms would fall apart, my bumpers would fall, the unibody would rip in half etc..etc.. that is all the proof you need but you just can't admit yourselves that my "deathtrap" has out-wheeled and outperformed and outlasted WAY WAY longer than any of you ever thought possible.
rock sliders bottom.jpg

These flat bottom sliders on my jeep held up while i did my axle swap and after 5days of the weight of this heavy jeep sat on them for that long, not a single bend or dent or anything in them or the body.....
long arm crossmember.jpg
remember fellas my long arm crossmember is ONLY welded to the unibody and after all the abuse I have put it through, no cracks, no stress, no weaknesses. If you so care that much then next open ride feel free to take a good closer look at all my welds and see for yourself what's holding up and what's not...
i have nothing to prove to such judgemental crowd that is always looking for slightest ways to tear someone (me) down. I have work to do and lots of it....you have yourselves a good work day!!

sorry dude but no. 1. never claimed to be some big fabricator welder, ever. 2. I've only stated that what i can weld is what i can weld for me and my uses and for customers vehicles with the normal 3/16 stuff and has never ever failed. 3. Talk to Madjeepj10 about his mishap face down laurel lane of "what welds" held up and what broke and how his winch bumper (only welded not bolted) has held up to 12,000lb winch fully under stress has held up. 4. I will never ever admit for your satisfaction that I create dangerous work on people's vehicles and will someday harm/kill anybody.
You people need proof of welds???? you need proof that my welds hold up????
---YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED by looking at my jeep that ALL OF YOU had made bets over a year ago that my control arms would fall apart, my bumpers would fall, the unibody would rip in half etc..etc.. that is all the proof you need but you just can't admit yourselves that my "deathtrap" has out-wheeled and outperformed and outlasted WAY WAY longer than any of you ever thought possible.
View attachment 210777
These flat bottom sliders on my jeep held up while i did my axle swap and after 5days of the weight of this heavy jeep sat on them for that long, not a single bend or dent or anything in them or the body.....
View attachment 210780 remember fellas my long arm crossmember is ONLY welded to the unibody and after all the abuse I have put it through, no cracks, no stress, no weaknesses. If you so care that much then next open ride feel free to take a good closer look at all my welds and see for yourself what's holding up and what's not...
i have nothing to prove to such judgemental crowd that is always looking for slightest ways to tear someone (me) down. I have work to do and lots of it....you have yourselves a good work day!!
No

We still want to test your welds.

That's the beauty of the aws pre-qualification test. It levels out all the variables and tests the weldor "you JF" as it doesn't test the welder "machine".

Still no pm with address, and you are spewing excuses and skirting around the issue at hand.

Put up or shut up. Point blank, you are scared to execute this weld.

I never said anything about you being a fancy professional fabricator or welder.

I definitely wouldn't devalue those terms by associating them with you.

That's why this plate test is awesome. It levels out all the variables to the execution of one weldment.

Back