free roll cage material

What if a piece of metal Pierce's that tank in a flop over?

You do realize a 30 and 44 have the same size u joint
yes unfortunately but couldn't turn down the deal i got on em with factory 4:09 gears so i got little upgrade in strength and little upgrade in gears for the first time in .....WOW 17yrs. having that said, people all day everyday say running 35s on em is good match for descent abuse so i'm hoping they hold up to the rep I've always heard of but yeah, i'm not fond of the stupid ujoints being small...i did put all new HD joints, brakes, lines, fluids, rotors/drums so I'm hoping for better results.

What if a piece of metal Pierce's that tank in a flop over?
i honestly don't see that possible considering the tank is from 1965 which back then were made cast iron 3/8 thick...i looked all into this tank guys before ever mounting it and had the place that tested it tell me all this stuff and they said after passing that it would be safe for pressure and puncture proof for my use as long as it was strapped down good

It's my understanding through the science of metals that due to the spherical shape of the tank 99.7% off forces exerted on the surface will be deflected at a 45* angle. This is complex so I know it my be hard to follow but just trust me I've been at this a long time. I tested this theory with a 5lb sledge last year at SEMA in the metallurgy booth.

It's my understanding through the science of metals that due to the spherical shape of the tank 99.7% off forces exerted on the surface will be deflected at a 45* angle. This is complex so I know it my be hard to follow but just trust me I've been at this a long time. I tested this theory with a 5lb sledge last year at SEMA in the metallurgy booth.
dangit ur determined to get rid of it.......and i just might now that you're scaring me a little with too many "possiblities"

Get some splicer joints and they will last alot longer I assume you were breaking shafts at the u joint on the 30 with HD joints
nope...i kept snapping the dam shafts right at the inside spline...only one that broke ujoint was when the ball joints ripped off on the right side at the top of ol stumpy last ride when it was wet and sloppy and i lost my temper and floored it...came down so hard on boulder at the top, ripped dam upper and lower ball joints right off the housing and took axle and everything with it...spent ALL DAY saturday in the rain fixing it...Heck i wheeled my Tahoe that day just going and getting parts running up the green access trails to the jeep (that was scary as shit in some places i will say had my buttcheeks checkin)

The ends of the tank are a sphere, but the rest of it is a cylinder.... :confused:

I really have no clue what you're talking about. And I'm trying hard... ;)

Hey don't tell me I'm wrong. I've been doing this forever. And I've never been able to rupture a tank that has curvy sides. Flat sided tanks I can rupture with a #2 pencil but not the curvy ones.

The ends of the tank are a sphere, but the rest of it is a cylinder.... :confused:

I really have no clue what you're talking about. And I'm trying hard... ;)
Beside you act like your one of those school taught engineers. What could you possibly know better then a guy that's been an amateur/semi pro metal breaking point tester for as long as I have.

dangit ur determined to get rid of it.......and i just might now that you're scaring me a little with too many "possiblities"

If you'll come get this trampoline, I will throw in a portable Viair air compressor. Its small, light weight and 193.213% less deadly. It will be a bit slower than your hydrogen bomb tank but that's ok. I can meet ya near yadkinville, so you wont/can't come to my dwelling.

Oh yeah and this is my last post before bed because I'm tired from being awesome. And I have to wake up early to piss excellence before the sunrises or else I might rupture. Later haters

Y'all got me thinking. What if I used the springs from the trampoline and the extra heavy duty pipe and built custom coilovers out of it. Could charge it with a hydrogen bomb tank I carry with me. Should be super flexy.

I love the "hydrogen bomb" comments..now that's funny and well deserved

i will 99.2% loose the tank since yall have convinced me and scared me enough with possibilities that it might do some stupid damage..
now don't go thinking you can talk me into changing my control arms or roll cage HA HA LOL:D

nice work...............
aimg.izismile.com_img_img8_20160222_640_daily_picdump_2046_640_94.jpg

i will 99.2% loose the tank since yall have convinced me and scared me enough with possibilities that it might do some stupid damage..
Wait. What's going to pressurize your potato guns?

EVERYONE says potato guns...i will seriously let someone make a potato cannon out of one of those if they choose/desire to do so but i'm not responsible for damages done to the targets!!!

My real name is Andre Rommele Young.
Google that.

those sch40 "potato guns" body armor i welded on surprisingly do real good job...i bashed it up against trees and boulders on purpose to see if doors would cave in and slid on the trees and rocks really good so pretty cool for cheap armor...and step up from the trampo stuff

Hey don't tell me I'm wrong. I've been doing this forever. And I've never been able to rupture a tank that has curvy sides. Flat sided tanks I can rupture with a #2 pencil but not the curvy ones.

Here's some wonderful illustrations to help. Consider it a "spotter's guide" to basic solid shapes. The cube is more advanced and we'll save it for next year. :D

awww.onlinemathlearning.com_image_files_.cylinder_cone_sphere.png.jpg.pagespeed.ce.vMohArcSag.jpg

Back