Funny story about diesels

StudNuts

Dont know how legit this is but, a guy wanted a Banks bundle on his F250 and had some concern/questions about it. He had told me he called an unnamed show'n'shine shop in Garner for a price on the bundle. The lady told him not to get it b/c it had caused problems on her SD. She explained what had happened, apparently she was hauling a 15ft gooseneck and the truck kept overheating, so she'd pull over let it cool, drive, overheat, repeat. Finally the engine let go. Took it to Ford for a new engine, replaced the engine. Not once, but a second time, pulling a trailor engine overheated, 2nd engine let go. To find more detail about the truck later on(from the ford mechanic), it has a 10" lift w/ 40" tires on it and STOCK gearing trying to pull a 15' gooseneck. Now her stupid ass is blaming her overheating problems on the banks bundle b/c she has a 10" lift w/ 40" tires trying to pull a 15' gooseneck and road rage speeds w/ stock gearing. Now I know there are some problems w/ the banks kit on the new 6.0s due to the turbo spool-up, but damn.

I found the story a little funny.

How in the hell can you hitch a goose (and a 15' one at that?..) to a mall-crawling truck that's 14"+ taller than stock? unless she hooks the goose ball to the drawbar.. :lol:

I'm surprised the tranny didn't puke first.

Some folks need to step outta the gene pool. Or be removed from it, too damn stupid to breed.

Thinkin about it more, I think someone was pulling your leg.. The dealers are so damn quick to void your warranty over damn near anything, I can't imagine they'd honor an engine warranty with an aftermarket enhancement kit, not to mention the tire size...

Unless the service manager and her had a "deal".. :huggy:

I have heard of dealers honoring warranties with Banks products being used. A friend of mine even bought a new 7.3 in '02 and bought a chip from the dealer for it.

ChrisM said:
I think i've seen her driving around... yellow one right?
yEP i THINK THAT IS THE ONE .
It was at a show in the mall last weekend.
POS if you ask me.
They used a custom looking drop like 15" to 20"+ looked like a 4" drop they cut and rewelded or something like that.
I would not tow my trash can with that drop it would fold up.
Tow rig on 40" no way if it is not something the army uses.
J

Rich said:
Thinkin about it more, I think someone was pulling your leg.. The dealers are so damn quick to void your warranty over damn near anything, I can't imagine they'd honor an engine warranty with an aftermarket enhancement kit, not to mention the tire size...
Unless the service manager and her had a "deal".. :huggy:

there is no way they would have replace the motor with all the mods on it. I agree with you.

I CALL THE BULLSHIT FLAG:shaking:

MR. GADGET said:
yEP i THINK THAT IS THE ONE .
It was at a show in the mall last weekend.
POS if you ask me.
They used a custom looking drop like 15" to 20"+ looked like a 4" drop they cut and rewelded or something like that.
I would not tow my trash can with that drop it would fold up.
Tow rig on 40" no way if it is not something the army uses.
J

This is not ture. Alex over at extreme offroad does this all the time. 30inch lift 49 inch tires towing a trailer with 5000 lbs on it. I know he has done it from Havelock to Tellico. Just depends on how the rig is built.

jeepercreature said:
there is no way they would have replace the motor with all the mods on it. I agree with you.
I CALL THE BULLSHIT FLAG:shaking:

All the mods on it? Those parts could be removed in an hour.

I could understand the warranty being voided with a turbo or injector upgrade, or even a really hot chip. But the Banks kit is so conservative, I don't think there would be a problem.

I had my truck in for warranty work twice, left my chip in, told the service tech I had the chip, and never had a problem.

If this is the shop that I think it is.. they have a very good relationship with the dealer they buy there FORD's from..(in other words that is all the buy)..

SO I could see this story being True..

Plus if it is the lady I think it is then Yes she would try to tow with stock gears.. they do not do gears they just "adjust" by using chips..

hahahhah

Gears are for wimps.
As long as you make enough power, that 3.07 rear end will be JUST fine on 40" tires :driver:

Or something like that.

But as for dealers repairing an engine, you never know. My old Maxima had a supercharger on it, started acting weird after about 15k miles with it so I took it by the dealership. They couldn't figure it out, but basically replaced the engine, told me they could reinstall the supercharger, I would have to do that but explained that it wasn't the problem. Even asked where did I get it done because it was done very well, and they hadn't seen one before. (all said and done, it was a bad chip, that ended up being replaced AFTER I put the charger back on)
But they replaced my engine, and would have replaced the chip, I upgraded that instead. And I had an after market supercharger on there that I installed myself.
Then my buddy took his Altima by the same dealer, with a faulty fuel pump.
They told him his exhaust mods caused it. And he ended up having to pay for the fix.
So you never know with dealers. You get em on a good day, they will work with you. Get em when they are lazy, and they will just void your warranty to avoid having to do work :D

But either way. Funny story.

Back