go to truck tires these days?

Tires were past balllldddd on the dually. Was scared to make another trip to the mountains so had to pull the trigger on some toyos today…. Let’s see how they do. That bill hurts on 6 of them View attachment 425623
Don’t get these… I thought I had some swaying issues after going from my coopers to Toyo. After hauling my camper these things are a death trap. Literally feels like your driving without trac bars. Went from 70 to 80 and still no difference. Guess imma try some nittos. Bad enough just driving but with a heavy trailer In tow it gets sketchy

Don’t get these… I thought I had some swaying issues after going from my coopers to Toyo. After hauling my camper these things are a death trap. Literally feels like your driving without trac bars. Went from 70 to 80 and still no difference. Guess imma try some nittos. Bad enough just driving but with a heavy trailer In tow it gets sketchy
I had some tires do that to me on my work truck a few years ago. Felt like the tread was coming off of them. My tire guy took them back and we changed brands to the Coopers I run now on it. I don't remember what the bad ones were though

I had some tires do that to me on my work truck a few years ago. Felt like the tread was coming off of them. My tire guy took them back and we changed brands to the Coopers I run now on it. I don't remember what the bad ones were though
I just took the coopers off that only got about 30k so I was hoping for better luck with another tire.

Attachments

• IMG_7818.jpeg
    IMG_7818.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 17
I’m noticing that too. Figured it was just a lot more tread than I was used to. :laughing: Drove a few hundred miles already and it is stiffening up a bit slowly.
Haven’t hauled yet though

I’m noticing that too. Figured it was just a lot more tread than I was used to. :laughing: Drove a few hundred miles already and it is stiffening up a bit slowly.
Haven’t hauled yet though
I called my tire rep. They wanna get ahead of it, it’s so bad it’s scary. Don’t wanna wait it out to see if they stiffen up just to get told to kick rocks

I think someone mentioned it already, but I have liked the Falkens on my truck. Havent put many miles on them yet.

Has anyone ran the BFG HD Terrain yet? Supposedly they are getting more (taller) sizes with load range E and above. Of course, they look to be one of the most expensive tires comparatively.

late to the party but had good tire wear from the Hankook Dynapro AT and Dynapro MT on our Excursion....each twice as long as the Firestone TransForce AT with regular rotation
Had a set of DynaPro MT's on the back of a '99 3/4 ton 'Burb... LOVED them! While it had a govbomb in the 14-bolt, it had more 2WD traction than all my 4WDs
Ironman tires are what I had that felt like the tread was coming off and sending me all over the road...
Great! Put a set on the rear of the dually about a year ago... then the tire place closed 🤬
Still running Coopers on the front...

as anyone ran the BFG HD Terrain yet?
I looked into them a little bit. Lots of reports of a ~2 mpg hit. There are a lot of unknown variables there (tire size changes, etc), but it seemed notable that it was showing up in the reviews so often.

Back