Goats

BIGWOODY

A few weeks back a couple of pit bulls were loose and got in the fence where my wife kept her two pygmy goats. The pit bulls killed the goats who were like children to my wife. I want to get her a couple more but can't really find any young female pygmy, anyone have any leads?

Never found the owners...but the pit bulls are no longer with us.

Sorry you never found the owners, but glad the problem was taken care of.

Never found the owners...but the pit bulls are no longer with us.
The local AM radio station has a swap n shop segment twice a day and theres always animals on it.Check your local AM stations they might have the same kind of program or just put a wanted ad on CL.

DO you have any goat cheese/meat farms up that way? Deanna, the GF, has one near her in Camden and they periodically sell them.

Greg, I've asked Alex to check with her mom and dad. He goes to livestock sales all the time for his cattle, so he may know of someone up around Mount Airy/Claudville, VA that has some. I'm sure we could get them down your way if it worked out.

Greg, I've asked Alex to check with her mom and dad. He goes to livestock sales all the time for his cattle, so he may know of someone up around Mount Airy/Claudville, VA that has some. I'm sure we could get them down your way if it worked out.
Aint there a big livestock auction on I77 around Mnt Airy somewhere??

tell the state department they were ISIS trained pitbulls to kill infidel goats (jealous?). im sure theyll get ya a settlement payout for some new goats :)

image.jpg

We picked up this little marshmallow bastard for the bro house. His name is Hot Rodney.

We have 2 of them. Male and female. I'll get some pics when I get home. They work great keeping our weeds and brush cut back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd consider getting 1 or 2 to entertain the kids and keep the lawn weeds to a minimum.

How well do they manage inside periodically?

I've got to get a couple of pics of ours .We got a young momma and a baby, looking for a miniature donkey now.
That's what we want....mini's and a small ass :D

Of course we've got to move to somewhere we can HAVE that kinda thing :rolleyes:

Mini donkey would be sweet. They crap about every 4 minutes, so I would be hesitant to leave them inside. They make a bunch of racket when they don't get what they want and if not fenced in, ours will chase you down the driveway. But they are hilarious and always want to hangout with you. The lady I got Rodney from had a mini bull that she wanted me to take. It looked like a brahma but only got up to 350-400 lbs.

That's what we want....mini's and a small ass :D

Of course we've got to move to somewhere we can HAVE that kinda thing :rolleyes:
We've got about an acre or more of woods behind the house , we've fenced part of it and are planning on fencing all of it. My wife is all into having animals (especially chickens), huge garden ,canning,etc . All of which conveniently ties into the BOB and other recent threads.

Back