greasel install

orange150

im about to help my brother in law install his 80 gallon grease kit tomorrow on his 97 F250. is there anything i should be aware of before i start it?

well... we are done for the day. this thing is kinda hard to install. all we got done today was plumbing the coolant lines. ill pm you the next time we get to it to hopefully finish it up. and if anyone has any pointers let me know!

it looks a little intimidating a first but once you get it all sorted out it will make sense. I have done 3 on ford psds. If you run into any problems post up and ill help you sort them out. my first one took me about 10 hrs to do , the second about 6.5 and the third I did in 4 hrs flat.

mount the pollack valve on the framrail right before the lift pump and be sure to use the insulating wrap that they probably DID NOT send you or it wont work in the cold.

I have a wiring diagram around here somewhere i can email you this wekend if you need it. I imagine you got the 80 gal nomad that uses the factory gauge on the dash?

good luck and welcome to the world of gathering, stay away from my grease:flipoff2:

yea the nomad system. on the 97 the lift pump is on the intake, which makes for interesting plumbing. We called the company and they told us to mount the pollack valve on the plastic cover on the engine as close to the lift pump as possible. once we get it plumbed in it looks to be very straight forward just the plumbing is difficult. I would really like some pics of where people tied into the coolant lines, and if anyone has the same lift pump set up some pics of that as well.

does he have a source/contact for grease around here yet? if not, i've got a couple i can give you.

Back