Harlan Bound July 2nd...

ghost

So as some of you know we are Harlan, KY bound on July 2nd. Current plan is to roll out after we drop the pup at the vet. Hoping to be on road by 9 or 10 at the latest. Will take us 6 - 7 hours at the least. Our route will be 20 to 26 to 23 to 58 to 421. Google Maps

In case you were curious. I know @Steve_Kibbe is around Greenville/Spartanburg and @Jody Treadway is south of Asheville and if problems arise I have no problem calling either of them. However, an 88 MJ having never been driven this far is a wildcard. So if you live along that route and will help out a stranded wheeler if it happens please fill me in with some details. :rockon: :eek:

I’ll be laid up at the lake in Saluda NC and don’t have good cell service there but if y’all need something try to reach me and I’ll help if I can. Shane 8283359279

Last edited:
Im close to JC and Kingsport.Like Jody I screen my calls so text is best 423-329-6277

Thanks. We like to have a plan in place. He's 21 and not scared. That being said on the way back from Aiken the Alternator locked up and toasted the belt. So we swapped it out in a gas station lot in West Columbia. Hence my hesitation.... Fortunately we had the wife's car and I was able to go get one. @Jody Treadway you may screen your calls but you are now on notice that if it rings on the 2nd there is a problem.... or it could be a lunch invite..... :flipoff2:

@ghost on your way up stop and get some BBQ just outside of Johnson City. You won’t be disappointed. Home
Will keep that on the radar. We usually end up between Greenville and Asheville on the way up for lunch. With the MJ being driven who knows. I plan to take it easy towing the jeep and him following me. On the way home on Sunday we always hit up Ashville Pizza and beer. Usually about 2ish. Locations – Asheville Brewing Company

The BDB will be traveling to Harlan on 7-3. If you need help, let me know.
We've been known to help a brother out.
Once or a thousand times...

5D247510-0E57-4A58-9310-06FC2D5DC130.jpeg
Ok so if you see us honk! If you see us on the side of the road stop!

Something about Harlan man, I just love it. Love watching other people go, love seeing pics. There’s plenty of other parks that are better but for some reason Harlan is my favorite.
Next year I think I will start going more than once a year. It’s not a bad drive and I love it up there!

Something about Harlan man, I just love it. Love watching other people go, love seeing pics. There’s plenty of other parks that are better but for some reason Harlan is my favorite
My monies on the snaggled toothed "ladies" that walk the RR tracks at night????

Back