• Option A

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Option B

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JonathanS

Option A:
http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heavy-equipment-trailer-store/Single-Car-Haulers/16-Ft,-7,000-lb.-Diamond-Single-Car-Hauler-p63.html

241.jpg

Option B:

http://inventory.goldengait.com/inventory.cgi?cmd=details&recid=124*4025#top

68247.JPG

Thanks Guys!

Every one of these trailer posts of yours ,makes me wonder how much you regret selling your trailer on here a while back....

Every one of these trailer posts of yours ,makes me wonder how much you regret selling your trailer on here a while back....

i know totally, i wish i didnt but i needed the money @ that time after switching jobs... but i am all good now. option A is actually 2200 option b is 2400

I agree, We need more info, weight of the first trailer, weight of rig, tow rig?
Todd

I only picked A because I like having a place to lay down out of the mud to work on the Jeep.

I purchased an 18x7 tandum axle w/brakes, spare tire, brake controler and 2 5/16 ball for 1880 out the door. and the trailor is dove tailed. The trailer has a wooden deck and is very strong.

I voted for A, mainly for the reasons outlined above. Also, it makes it easier to, say, move a couch later on down the road, or any number of things. I got a wood deck so that i could haul christmas trees for my uncles with the same trailer I use to haul my jeep. The only reason i would go with option B is if i was on the borderline of towing too much weight, you could probably save a couple hundred pounds. I would say with your setup you would be fine to tow either trailer though.

Go with option a. Simple reason being you always have a place to pitch a tent(that'll get some laughs). Put your tent up and throw down the air matress and your there.

Take A, that way in the future if you end up with something with a narrow wheel base it won't be as hard to line up. Also you get more area to work on your rig if neede without laying in the dirt.

I have Nissan Titan that is the tow rig, the trail rig is an Xterra SAS on 37's and an EXO.

ok.... what is the GVWR off the door sticker and idea what the weight is on the xterra ?

Also, those trailers both look to be single brake axle, with no spare tire.

I've seen people tow with the Titan but IMHO you should get 2 brake axles and at least 1 spare tire. And regardless what trailer you get I'd recommend a weight distributing hitch. With that tow

I really can't remember the last time I saw anyone who's broke, pull their rig back onto the trailer first just to work on it..

All that said, I'd go with #2

I hate an open deck.
For that time when you need to move a piece of furniture a lawn mower ATV or similar, I cant see why the little weight savings would be worth the lost usage.

That said, GGT has some good customer service from my (dad's) experience.

Yager, Id wager that Titan is better equipped to tow than your old 2500 or most 250/350s out there from the 90s, by a long shot.

Last time I broke I was loaded onto the trailer w/backhoe and then repaired it while on the trailer. made it very convient.

The Titan will not have any problem towing either. the main thing with the Titan is placement of the trail rig on the trailer due to the Titans low tongue weight. Also if you can get a wood deck you will like it better when its toasty out. hot steel just plain sucks to lay on. Wood decks are also quieter when you drop a chain on it. maybe not a concern but it is a thought.

Yager, Id wager that Titan is better equipped to tow than your old 2500 or most 250/350s out there from the 90s, by a long shot.

:shaking: because everyone knows the D44 rear axle in the Titan is so much better for towing than the 14b FF axle my truck had.

If you do an open deck can't you just lay down wood slats between the rails. Then you have the best of both worlds if need be. I don't like an open deck though.

:shaking: because everyone knows the D44 rear axle in the Titan is so much better for towing than the 14b FF axle my truck had.
The Titan rear granted will break an axle quicker than the 14b, but we arent talking about wheeling we are talking about towing. The Titan rear has bigger brakes (and btw is disc), has a better suspension, a beefier frame, is tons more comfy, gets better gas mileage, and looks better than your truck :flipoff2:

Once Nissan fixed tehe low oil capacity and over heating gears in the first production run, those trucks have been fairly dependable

I vote for the full deck. I would suggest dropping the extra couple of dollars for the extra 2 foot deck and the heavier jack. It is always too late when you try to load something and need the extra deck. For the price it is much better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Another option to look into is the heavier jack. I can leave my Suburban on 37's on my trailer with it sitting on the jack with is extremely nice.

Rub rails and stake pockets are a must as well if you plan on useing the trailer for anything other than your xterra. In my experience if you have it you will use it for all kinds of stuff.

The other ugrades I got which you may want to look into are:

Removable fenders, I took one off when I first brought the trailer home just to see how they came off.

Upgrade to the next heavier set of axles than you need, agian better to have the extra "wiggle room".

If you are going through Kuafman they have an upgraded "sealed" wiring harness. I suggest it.

So my vote goes for #1 with the rubrails/stake pockets, heavy jack, extra 2 foot length, and maybe upgrade axles and wiring. The fenders will be extremely nice when I go with the 1-tons.

Even if it was more expensive I'd go with this guy. Chains are loud on steel and wood doesn't get burning hot as it sits in the sun all day waiting for you to return. Use the money you saved to get brakes on both axles.

173.jpg

Back