Hurricane Helene

First I heard of this was today. I got a motor delivered and the guy was telling me about making trips back and forth to Marion to Baxter the last two weeks. Said they are cleaning and rebuilding motors as fast as they can. He it's unreal how much mud was inside that factory. Loads upon loads of motors chocked full of mud. Fortunately most of them didn't have power when they flooded so they can clean, bake and put new bearings in and turn them around in a few days. He said there are a lot more to do though.

See also...... we use this expensive measure for treating patients, even though a lesser cost option is available. This, of course, has nothing do with the plant closure.

He further explained, “We’re actually just using standard of care for things like very mild dehydration where patients are able to take things by mouth and have minimum symptoms. These might be things like acute stomach viruses or bugs.”

Edit: Although you can't force someone to drink when you can push a bag to get them better.

Last edited:
First I heard of this was today. I got a motor delivered and the guy was telling me about making trips back and forth to Marion to Baxter the last two weeks. Said they are cleaning and rebuilding motors as fast as they can. He it's unreal how much mud was inside that factory. Loads upon loads of motors chocked full of mud. Fortunately most of them didn't have power when they flooded so they can clean, bake and put new bearings in and turn them around in a few days. He said there are a lot more to do though.

You talk about motors but link an article on IV shortage? Is there a major motor re-builder up there that was affected? THe IV shortage was on the news. recently.

So a few months ago the wife bought tickets to see a Barenaked Ladies and Toad the Wet Sprocket in Columbia. Both bands were talking about how they were supposed to do a show in Asheville tonight. Instead they are doing a benefit with Darius Rucker and a lot of other musicians. 100% of money raised goes to 4 charities 2 are in Asheville. I'm a fan of both bands from my college days and really enjoyed the show last night. Thought I'd share it here in case anyone wanted to catch it tonight. I plan on it. Sonic Sunshine Benefit

GaIrCneWkAACrdZ.jpg

You talk about motors but link an article on IV shortage? Is there a major motor re-builder up there that was affected? THe IV shortage was on the news. recently.
The iv bag factory in Marion was flooded. Hundreds of motors got swamped and filled with mud. It's all hands on deck in the motor repair industry right now getting that plant back on line

The iv bag factory in Marion was flooded. Hundreds of motors got swamped and filled with mud. It's all hands on deck in the motor repair industry right now getting that plant back on line
Electric motors? I was thinking car motors.

For those that dont know, Baxter is the largest IV manufacturer in the world. That factory is more than a sq mile under roof. Also, they are rushing to rebuild the bridge so they can get all the traffic flowing properly into the plant.

This might be so. I thought engines were what pulled trains? :D

That would be a Locomotive, And If it's a Diesel-Electric Locomotive, then it has both an Engine and a Motor in it!;)

A friend of ours in an engineer there. He’s bald and looking for hair to pull out.

I’ve been wide open helping do whatever I can and wherever I can since… well since the eye of Helene rolled over my house and I started dragging my pig across the yard that nearly died twice from trees crashing down.

Went to work for a week and a half and scheduled all weekend to go dig my way to the family house/land that my late father worked tirelessly to make sure was solid and passed along to my sister and I. Luckily the house is fine, but we couldn’t reach it.

The property is a mile off pavement. When we bought the property, there was 5 places where you had to drive through the creek (headwaters of the Rocky Broad that feeds Lake Lure) and I don’t know how many culverts, at least two or three.

A longtime friend rents the place now and to help him out his rent almost covers the taxes and insurance.

There were multiple landslides and debris fields the size of football fields that were 20’ tall. Roads were rivers and old creek beds were the road at places. Basically totally screwed. A daunting task for me to navigate a solution.

Really long story condensed, I planned on working Thursday till I had to go to work Monday with mini ex and skid steer to cut a trail to the house. Rolled up Wednesday with a machine and my company owner and friend to get started. Arrive after much delay crossing Hwy 9 and there is a D6 dozer, mini ex and skid steer that just got started.

Restoration Church had volunteers and apparently they had contacted land owners the day before. These dudes were out of PA and were super gracious and skilled.

Extra long story short, he made it to my property and I think I gained a friend for life. He wants to come camping with his family next fall, because he had never seen such a beautiful place. I’ve already reached out to my custom leather guy to get a holster made for his 1911 he had on his hip.

Anyway, he wanted a group photo before we rolled out. He and his dad, my brother in law and a couple land owners.

IMG_2557.jpeg

I could go on, but it’s best suited for a campfire. Cliff notes are God is real.

I’ve been wide open helping do whatever I can and wherever I can since… well since the eye of Helene rolled over my house and I started dragging my pig across the yard that nearly died twice from trees crashing down.

Went to work for a week and a half and scheduled all weekend to go dig my way to the family house/land that my late father worked tirelessly to make sure was solid and passed along to my sister and I. Luckily the house is fine, but we couldn’t reach it.

The property is a mile off pavement. When we bought the property, there was 5 places where you had to drive through the creek (headwaters of the Rocky Broad that feeds Lake Lure) and I don’t know how many culverts, at least two or three.

A longtime friend rents the place now and to help him out his rent almost covers the taxes and insurance.

There were multiple landslides and debris fields the size of football fields that were 20’ tall. Roads were rivers and old creek beds were the road at places. Basically totally screwed. A daunting task for me to navigate a solution.

Really long story condensed, I planned on working Thursday till I had to go to work Monday with mini ex and skid steer to cut a trail to the house. Rolled up Wednesday with a machine and my company owner and friend to get started. Arrive after much delay crossing Hwy 9 and there is a D6 dozer, mini ex and skid steer that just got started.

Restoration Church had volunteers and apparently they had contacted land owners the day before. These dudes were out of PA and were super gracious and skilled.

Extra long story short, he made it to my property and I think I gained a friend for life. He wants to come camping with his family next fall, because he had never seen such a beautiful place. I’ve already reached out to my custom leather guy to get a holster made for his 1911 he had on his hip.

Anyway, he wanted a group photo before we rolled out. He and his dad, my brother in law and a couple land owners.

View attachment 426524

I could go on, but it’s best suited for a campfire. Cliff notes are God is real.
I’ll never forget the devastation I saw in the aftermath, but I’ll also never forget the amount of goodness of humanity I saw too. So many stories like this and so many people giving so much to try and help.

The amount of bullshit conspiracy theories on social media is fucking disgusting. Assholes that have never stepped foot in these mountains making claims about the gov. Creating this storm to take the whatever minerals that want is just fucking stupid. All it has done is scare the people into believing that crap and yes that has led to groups of armed citizens thinking they need to defend there land for any outsiders.

If you wish to argue that the government did create this then yes they did by not believing in global warming or not controlling over development and over population. And all of that happened long ago.

Whether you blindly follow what the government tells you or not - the fact remains that there are alot of questions that SHOULD be asked right now, scientific ones, about how this hurricane appeared to be "manipulated". Just like alot of questions SHOULD have been asked about the Hawaii fires....

People like you putting so much passion into being "anti conspiracy" is actually more dangerous than people speculating something nefarious
People like you are the ones blindly fighting against the true nature of this aftermath "Theres only 92 dead, the NEWS said so" - when in reality 1000s are dead.
There is nothing more disheartening and irksome to me to have spent time from Day 0 helping, seeing or receiving first hand knowledge (FD/Rescue radio) than the the 92 - and having people constantly down play the severity of this situation all because "the news and gov would never lie to me".
It takes an extremely naive individual to not logically know that all governments participate in corrupt things - its human nature.
Edit: Im personally aware of a body bag delivery over 2000 in quantity

Whether you blindly follow what the government tells you or not - the fact remains that there are alot of questions that SHOULD be asked right now, scientific ones, about how this hurricane appeared to be "manipulated". Just like alot of questions SHOULD have been asked about the Hawaii fires....

People like you putting so much passion into being "anti conspiracy" is actually more dangerous than people speculating something nefarious
People like you are the ones blindly fighting against the true nature of this aftermath "Theres only 92 dead, the NEWS said so" - when in reality 1000s are dead.
There is nothing more disheartening and irksome to me to have spent time from Day 0 helping, seeing or receiving first hand knowledge (FD/Rescue radio) than the the 92 - and having people constantly down play the severity of this situation all because "the news and gov would never lie to me".
It takes an extremely naive individual to not logically know that all governments participate in corrupt things - its human nature.
I could ship 10,000 body bags to a place where noone died. Just because the government is not good at estimating does not mean that many people died. 🤷‍♂️

Oh I am very aware of the whole truth not being told and the amountof life lost, but to think the government manipulate the storm to take land is a bit crazy. Like if they can do that why do we send troops anywhere? Just skull fuck them with a storm.

Back