Hurricane Helene

Burnsville is in a bad, bad way. As are other secluded mountain towns.
We ventured out today to get more fuel. Lines are 2-3 hours long. I went to the shop, drained the Ranger and siphoned from a work truck.
Shits bad around here. We lost another way out today. Only one route from home now.
We will be ok, we're tough AF. Gonna loose the generator soon (big propane tank and can't schedule a refill) but we have enough MREs, canned food and such tomlast weeks.
Thanks for the response. See my other post.

Wishing the best for you and the others.

This Facebook post is a guy from my hometown. He’s trying to help at lake lure with his helicopter, but got shut down.

Read the above story. If anyone knows this Fire Chief, he might want to find another line of work if he doesn’t understand how to use outside resources and think outside the box in a time like this.
IMG_0273.png

This Facebook post is a guy from my hometown. He’s trying to help at lake lure with his helicopter, but got shut down.

Read the above story. If anyone knows this Fire Chief, he might want to find another line of work if he doesn’t understand how to use outside resources and think outside the box in a time like this.
View attachment 425328
Unfortunately people get too worried about liability and forget to take what helping resources you can get.

On one hand it’s understandable because people are so quick to sue each other, but on the other shit needs to get done and there are risks.

People really can suck.

Last edited:
Unfortunately people get too worried about liability and forget to take what helping resources you can get.

On one hand it’s understandable because people are so quick to sue each other, but on the other shit needs to get done and there are risks.

People really can’t suck.
I agree, but if I’m stuck on a mountain with my kids, liability is my last concern. Get my family out by any means necessary. I’d accept that risk if I was coordinating the effort.

I agree, but if I’m stuck on a mountain with my kids, liability is my last concern. Get my family out by any means necessary. I’d accept that risk if I was coordinating the effort.
Agreed, and I bet most if not all of us here would agree. But we all know those people that would blame the pilot if something didn’t go exactly to plan.

If I was in his chopper and it started to go down, I’d be sure to look at him and thank him for the effort.

View attachment 425328
Wonder if he even has the authority to make that call and threat

I saw a white dually with a bed FULL of cases of water pulling a trailer with a skid steer getting on the on ramp for I-40 West at Sandy Ridge Rd about 6pm tonight.

I doubt it. I suppose I can understand why they *might* tell him to turn people away, but without an FAA badge and no NOTAM (notice to airmen) of an active TFR (temporary flight restriction) in that area, I don't see how that dude could even act like he controls the skies.

Plus...who would arrest him and where would they put him?

Not to mention: the first letter of FAA represents Federal 💁‍♂️

View attachment 425328

dude looks in the mirror every single morning and thinks that facial hair nonsense looks good

obviously lacking any rational/reasonable/common sense levels of thinking skills

Former Nascar driver Greg Biffle, was on FB yesterday, showing His helicopter which he was flying to Boone, I think. he & other helicopters were collecting goods & trying to make deliveries to the needy, plus trying to get stranded folks out! They Don't carry water, due to it's weight! Friday the cloud cover came in too heavy for them to get in very far. But they will continue their efforts. I think they were staging at the Lincolnton Airport. I also saw another post of Three copters flying out of Charlotte! So That Person that threatened you guys, Better get his act Right! :flipoff:

Former Nascar driver Greg Biffle, was on FB yesterday, showing His helicopter which he was flying to Boone, I think. he & other helicopters were collecting goods & trying to make deliveries to the needy, plus trying to get stranded folks out! They Don't carry water, due to it's weight! Friday the cloud cover came in too heavy for them to get in very far. But they will continue their efforts. I think they were staging at the Lincolnton Airport. I also saw another post of Three copters flying out of Charlotte! So That Person that threatened you guys, Better get his act Right! :flipoff:
Cleetus is flying with Biffle and staying with him while in town.

Back