Hurricane Helene

Alright, Monday update from Hendersonville and Brevard. Still shitty. Very, very little fuel. Stations have $20 limits and SHP is patrolling them.
Cash only at stores. Grocery stores have crazy lines.
Few people have cash and it's getting heated at check-out.
Gonna be ugly as people get desperate.
We went to Brevard today, next town over from us. Very minimal damages compared to Hendersonville. We're still in a bad way with utilities here. Gonna be a long few days.

Oskar Blues ok?!?!

I'd just camp out there

and hows it heated at the checkout? is there not a sign when going in that its cash only? seems pretty simple.

Oskar Blues ok?!?!

I'd just camp out there

and hows it heated at the checkout? is there not a sign when going in that its cash only? seems pretty simple.
OB is ok but closed until further notice in an effort to keep their employees safe. Solid move IMO.
People say they didn't see the cash only signs and attendant stating such. Somebody was actually shot here yesterday over it.
We waited around 20 minutes today for the $20 worth. They have somebody directing you in as there is room, somebody guiding you to your pump, a SHP watching and cash up front.
Worked really well.
I'll try to top off tomorrow just in case. Otherwise I'll park the Gawdzilla and DD the WJ.
I'll say this, I'm glad I've read so many post-EMP books over the years. It's amazing how unstable society gets when it's members lose a little comfort.
I greeted a man on my driveway yesterday who was asking to cut across our woods to check on his elderly widow mother next door. I met him in only my boxers, t shirt and G22. Wife was keeping an eye out until he started his business and we realize knew each other through work.
Can't trust anyone at first glance. The ones who hear your genny running may want something you have pretty badly...

good update on what the state is doing right now

the skeptical side of me wonders how many scams of gofundme's and Venmo's are out there

some of these smaller mountain towns also will never rebuild, they will be gone forever I bet

Last edited:
Cooked the last of our "meat" this evening. Gonna conserve the propane for running water instead of saving the food in the fridge.
PXL_20240930_222305765.jpg

OB is ok but closed until further notice in an effort to keep their employees safe. Solid move IMO.
People say they didn't see the cash only signs and attendant stating such. Somebody was actually shot here yesterday over it.
We waited around 20 minutes today for the $20 worth. They have somebody directing you in as there is room, somebody guiding you to your pump, a SHP watching and cash up front.
Worked really well.
I'll try to top off tomorrow just in case. Otherwise I'll park the Gawdzilla and DD the WJ.
I'll say this, I'm glad I've read so many post-EMP books over the years. It's amazing how unstable society gets when it's members lose a little comfort.
I greeted a man on my driveway yesterday who was asking to cut across our woods to check on his elderly widow mother next door. I met him in only my boxers, t shirt and G22. Wife was keeping an eye out until he started his business and we realize knew each other through work.
Can't trust anyone at first glance. The ones who hear your genny running may want something you have pretty badly...
Word.

I don't trust anyone on a good day

I’m ordering several solar battery banks today to take up this weekend to help. Looking for gas jugs and propane tanks if anyone has any they are willing to let go of. Full or not I will get them filled and up to some people in need
Home Depot and Walmart in Winston were both out of gas cans this morning.

I’m ordering several solar battery banks today to take up this weekend to help. Looking for gas jugs and propane tanks if anyone has any they are willing to let go of. Full or not I will get them filled and up to some people in need

I have 7 or 8 propane tanks I can give you. Send me a text tomorrow if you still have my number.

Back