Hurricane Helene

Btw eff lowes food. They refused to sell me a pallet of water to take west. Food lion was happy to take my money and even gave a discount. Hopefully we can help some folks out
IMG_7666.jpeg

They have closed 40 west at 77.

Duane
I saw that on the electronic road signs on 485 and hwy 16 today as I drove up to Burke County to take my generator to my parents. I got on 40 at Newton and went all the way to Drexel no problem.
But, if they really do close 40, hwy 70 will be a parking lot because I-40 was heavy traffic.

On my way back this evening I did notice a couple convoys of police vehicles all with blue lights on heading west.

This is some or the worst shit I've seen in years. I remember 2004 but I was living in Knoxville at the time. Maybe I'm older, but this breaks my heart. It makes me sad and has all day. All I want to do is run back and try and help but I can't. It'll be a decade before things are back. I'm just happy my family and my friends are safe and in good health.

There's a video (maybe in this thread) of the uhaul trucks and a box trailer floating in 5-6ft of water. Edit. This is on the East side of Asheville, looking West from the 540 overpass.

Last edited:
Back