Hypothetical Cummins EGR delete questions

How much would the dpf and egr cleaning service cost after your 100k warranty ran out. I'm sure it would cost more than the deletes. Funny thing about vehicle modifications is most gear head will twist a justification any way they see fit to make it seem like the thing to do knowing it would have been cheaper to be a crack addict.

I am just pointing out the facts. My biggest concern personally is they start checking for missing parts or plugging it in then the delete will fail.

My research has shown a good delete kot that is complete and good tunes and tuner will be 2 to 3k.

Plus this the internet it was meant for arguing with mo real.reason behind the arguement.

Last edited:
Just for giggles if you paid $3000 for said delete and tune and you are getting 2 mpg improvement you would have to drive 125k miles to recoup.the cost of your delete.

Things that don’t pay for themselves

Better oils with higher lubricity and micros
Ceramic pads
Gas stations with frequent diesel customers
A spare key
Seat covers
Window cleaner
Car scent
AllTerrains
Lighter wheels
More CFM on rad fan

(I got bored but the wife even chimes in)
Slow cooker (use your stove pot)
Dryer (use clothesline)
Diapers (use cloth ones)
Paper napkins
Xbox (play outside)
Food processor (use your knife)
TV (read a book)
Camping (rolling eyes)
Deer hunting (I’m ending this now)

For me, can’t speak for others, it’s not about paying for itself. It’s about many other things.

It's my thread, so I can derail all I want
True story, @Van-go called me an hour ago and was asking me a bunch of driveshaft interchange questions. We had a great conversation for like 15 minutes. I mentioned needing to wrench on my Ranger this weekend and he says "Who is this anyway?"
I reply "You called Jody. Who'd you think it was?"
Dumbass meant to call @Chris_Keziah but somehow had our numbers crossed.

Either way, pretty sure I sold him a pinion yoke anyway.
I left my old one at Chris’s. Not driving to Asheville for a yoke :flipoff2:

To be fair, they're just clicking like on one another's posts.
Says the guy who gets a dime from Google AdSense for every like :p

Says the guy who gets a dime from Google AdSense for every like :p
He's just jealous because typically only his wife will like his posts :huggy:

To be fair, they're just clicking like on one another's posts.

Keziah clicks like on everything Troy posts.

I laugh I like its that simple

Just me talking now, not my friend with the deleted truck :)
When I was at the dealer, I was sent to a 3 day training class on WT Harris Blvd in Charlotte. The topic? How to tell if a Cummins has been modified.
We were shown where to look for dusting. How to see the end result of a high flow air intake system. Where to look for signs of gauge senders that indicate a need to monitor things. We also were taught all about flashes and the like.
At the end of the day, it was still up to the manufacturer to prove a power adder or aftermarket parts caused the failure.
Plus, the dealer can see a lot of things. A manufacturer rep and see a lot more things if a claim goes up the chain.
My buddy had been his own warranty station since May of 2015. He understands that getting a warranty claim in the next 5 months may be an issue. He's cool with it though.
I *think* that training was actually in Jeff Adams blvd..same general area ...

This is true, the stock clutch and flywheel are weak. But they are designed for the stock HP. IF one goes into tuning knowing that it will likely need replaced then that is fine. Many people at least on the various cummins forums come to them whining cause they run a tune at 100hp and break their stuff. If you want to turn it up you have to be prepared to pay the cost. Something will eventually fail as it was designed and spec'd for the factory power and adding power or removing the torque management is going to break crap. My 05 was tuned and I knew I would eventually eat the transmission. Traded it before that happened.

State more colloquially, the first rule of Hotrodding...gonna play gotta pay

Respectfully. Truly respectfully.
Then what's the argument? Is it just a waste of money for someone to do it for less than half the cost of what you say you'll do when your warranty is up?

Sounds like delete envy converse confirmation bias.

::beer::

Last edited:
So, my friend just returned from towing a blue Ranger on a trailer to and from Choccoloco ORV in Alabama. He reported the truck towed better than before and he was super happy with the upgrades.
Looking back he went through 42.8 gallons of deesalle over the course of 588 miles. That's a solid 13.7 mpg average.
Most of those miles were between 75-80 mph towing a 4600# pig on a 3500# trailer.
The dumbass did however lock his keys in the truck as soon he arrived at Chocco. He robbed the antenna off his Ranger and after jamming giveaway carpenter pencils into the jamb, used the antenna to break into his recently deleted tow rig.
Seeing a stray tomcat piss/spray all over his buddy's tire as said buddy was helping him with truck made the moment pretty hilarious.
All in all, post delete, my friend is getting 2.6 more MPG compared to the same trip earlier this year.

35 HP/75 TQ
Somebody better tell all those automatic equipped 6.7 Cummins their head bolts are inadequate.
:flipoff2:

quite few failed head gaskets on the forums when running extra power. That is why I said 3k earlier. Most of the also put a better valve body in the trans.

quite few failed head gaskets on the forums when running extra power. That is why I said 3k earlier. Most of the also put a better valve body in the trans.
I'm just pointing out that my 6 speed manual with the 35/75 tunes has lower HP/TQ numbers than the STOCK tuned auto equipped models from the same model year. So saying anything over stock numbers isn't factual. As my (slightly) tuned truck has less nuts than stock auto equipped trucks. Pretty sure both models have the same part number attached to the head bolts.

Can I add a manual VB to my G56?

Last edited:
I'm just pointing out that my 6 speed manual with the 35/75 tunes has lower HP/TQ numbers than the STOCK tuned auto equipped models from the same model year. So saying anything over stock numbers isn't factual. As my (slightly) times truck has less nuts than stock auto equipped trucks. Pretty sure both models have the same part number attached to the head bolts.

Can I add a manual VB to my G56?
only if it’s a reverse setup. With the pistol grip ratchet.

Back