I am Rob's twin now

thecarman

I'm not really Rob's twin, but my new trailer might be!

gn1.JPG

gn2.JPG

gn3.JPG

Thanks for all the replies in this thread:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13768

And Rob stopped by and talked to me on his way home yesterday.

I went to Kraftsman today and they had this *slightly* used trailer. We thought it was a new one, and were comparing it to a deck-over, trying to decide which we wanted. When the guy came out and told me this one was used, and I was able to talk him down to $3800, we brought it home! :)

There was a similar looking trailer for sale on Pirate in Johnson City, TN for a good price.

Triplet maybe :)
I have had mine for over 4 years now no probems to speak of,
except the paint is starting to wear thin especially on the fenders.
Only real complaint when it's wet the thing is slick as snot if you try to load on any kind of incline your risking sliding around a bit. I had to use a winch one time to straighten things up.

Enjoy

Nice trailer. Just FYI if the trailer has a GVWR of 10,001 or more you will need to get a class A license. I learned the hard way from a DMV officer

Example of how things fit on a 32-foot trailer...

(sorry for the crappy cell-phone pic)

Attachments

• gooseneck.jpg
    gooseneck.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 367
Got enough rear tire for that?

Yep, just barely. I hit the weigh station at the Flying J. 59XX on the rear axle, and I have 6200 lbs of rear tire capacity.

I now have brand new tires (but same capacity) and will load things more rearward on the trailer, and put the lighter vehicle up front. You can see that I've got some room to move both the Blazer and mini-van toward the rear.

(Not that I carry a K5 and mini-van around with me, I was just moving them both to my new place)

will load things more rearward on the trailer, and put the lighter vehicle up front. You can see that I've got some room to move both the Blazer and mini-van toward the rear.

I dunno, from what I can see, you either have a piece of solid steel for rear suspension, or the pin weight is good..

My front tires on the Dodge roll all the time close to their limit, and have, for the last 265,000 miles... and they don't get hot.

I wish I weighed our combo on the way to Texas with that other guy's HEAVY ASS cruiser... he did everything from the dash back in 1/4" steel, shaped to make it look nearly stock.. :bounce2:

My front tires on the Dodge roll all the time close to their limit, and have, for the last 265,000 miles... and they don't get hot.

How much weight do you have on your front axle?

I've got around 4250 on mine all the time, and it makes me wonder about the longevity of the D60 front (which is rated at 4500 pounds). Although it has been at least 40k miles since the CTD was swapped in, with no probs.

I would love to have a killer bumper like yours, but I was worried about adding more weight to the front...

Back