I Went to the new Uwharrie Side by Side park today...

R Q

Ride report from the new Uwharrie Side By Side Park. The grading over the winter was most likely done by a company who regularly does Side by Side parks. Every single challenging section has been leveled, filled, and compacted very well. Only Dickey Bell and Daniel have survived. We covered every single trail by 2:15 easily. There was 4 of us, two experisnced and two of lesser experience in Jk's. We saw mostly JKs and side by sides all day. All were very polite and nice. There were a handful of 4 wheelers and some motorcycles. Again all were very polite and respectful. It wasn’t crowded so we moved along easily.
There was a lot of controlled burns over the winter which was a bit eerie at times. The mountain laurel was blooming which was nice.
But it was a good day In the woods.
But EVERY SINGLE SLIGHTLY CHALLENGING SECTION is filled, leveled, and compacted

There was a lot of controlled burns over the winter which was a bit eerie at times.
There was still a log on fire burning opening weekend visible from the trail on Daniel. I kicked some dirt on it just because I didn’t want it to light up anything big while I was out there.

Me picturing RQ writing this review while his buddy looks on

muppets computers GIF

:laughing::smokin:

Don't worry @R Q the misfitz all say you're just an older (cooler) version of my grumpy ass

8C3A3982-E25B-4004-AAEB-EB5201D5EC31.jpeg

What won’t be coming back is this section on Wolfs Den. This was filled in with large stone not just covered with dirt. On a wet day this rut was quite a nice spot.

View attachment 372922

What won’t be coming back is this section on Wolfs Den. This was filled in with large stone not just covered with dirt. On a wet day this rut was quite a nice spot.
Is that an original cell phone cam pic from 2001? :p

No. it was mucked out and filled with compactable rock and dirt. Who ever did the work knew what they were doing. This work won't be washed out and eroded away like usual.
Fear not, it will be back to normal in record time...

When was the last time you’ve been to Uhwarrie you noob? :D gent bent :flipoff2:
Says the guy who won't be wheeling till his kids get out of college 😎

Says the guy who won't be wheeling till his kids get out of college 😎
Says the guy who hasn’t done anything exciting with his rig since the last time I wheeled :p jk jk I know I slack around these parts ;) maybe pressure from you and clay can push me through this mini recession good lawd

I haven't been to URE in many years, except for the Vets ride, and i didn't take my rig to that. I've always said, the bigger badder you build them, the further you have to go to wheel. So, in a built rig, I just didn't have fun going there, other than some fellowship. I have heard it's a lot more fun when it's wet, something I never experienced. Seems back in the day when I went, it was always choking your lungs out dusty! And going when it's wet, well, mud just isn't my thing.

Best part of going to URE is letting my son drive and have fun and I get to ride in the passenger seat and enjoy

I'm out here for my first time this weekend, and the guys I'm with are complaining about all the repairs made, but for national forest trails, is not bad.

Back