If you want or need a CDL...

Feb 2022 changes made it very pricey if you don’t sign with a company willing to pay for you.

Tell me about it 5Gs seems to be the popular figure, not looking to sign with a company and get locked in, I need flexibility to point and shoot opportunities. Barely getting OT as is with AAA despite there being a lack of drivers....

And about the only company’s who will foot the bill are large OTR outfits. I know Swift, Schneider, TMC, and a few others that have their own school house. I went to The CDL School. They are based on Florida but have “campuses” all over the states for the driving portion. They are the contract holder for a program called Troops into Transportation. You use your GI and it covers EVERYTHING. It includes your 2 week online ELDTS including 5 hr HazMat. It covers mileage to the closest driving range (for me I went to Ft. Benning, Ga.) Hotel was covered for the 2 weeks down there and paid mileage for the drive back. It covers your CDL permit, your actual CDL test at the DMV, your physical/ drug screen prior to school, and if you do HazMat it covers your background check, finger prints and, also your test for endorsement at the DMV. All in it was $9,500 out of my GI Bill.
It was an incredibly in depth course and the online prepped you hands down for the permit test. The driving portion was a solid 10 days of 7am-5pm and you test out of different skill sets every day starting on day three that all culminate with the final road exam.

Back