I'm making a product. Give me your thoughts. Ratchet Strap Organizer.

I can do die cut vinyl in....ANY size.
Got a 50" cutter upstairs. You cant have a race car and not have your own vinyl cutter.

If the H pieces are made of the right plastic, durability isn't really an issue, and could be cheaper to produce in bulk
Agreed. But right now I have a plasma cutter, not a plastic cutter. But it's in the future for this product, yes.

@Will Carter the order confirmation emails comes through just fine, but Gmail is throwing up this message:
upload_2018-5-22_13-36-34.png
More info here, maybe it can help you solve that down at the bottom of the page:
This message may not have been sent by... - Gmail Help

FYI - a couple of these Velcro ties overlayed together works very well as the loop.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E1Y5O...d_i=velcro+cable+ties&hsa_cr_id=8609876510401

But then you still don't get the cool H wrapper, which IMO is the secret sauce here.

That's what I use and keep spares in the trailer box.
Personally I dont see what the H bar adds other than a slow down. Im not the customer, but I wish Will well.
Then again a lot of folks love to spend money to have something the next guy doesnt. They will sell.

Suggestion: On the list of product sizes, or somewhere else, you should show an example picture of what kind of straps are usually that size.

For example, I'm sitting here thinking, "My $8 orange HF ratchets traps, that I have about 10 of that are in a big jumbled mess... WTF size are those things? Is this 1" size too big for that?"
If I have to wait and go home and measure the straps, there is 98% chance that by the time I get home I will have forgotten about this product's existence and won't order it.
I like it.

Got a 50" cutter upstairs. You cant have a race car and not have your own vinyl cutter.

I know you do...that was the point ;)

But I CAN go bigger than 50" if ever needed

Just ordered. Thanks.

Got an error code when billing.

Entered my phone number via auto populate with the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format and received an error code. Removed all () and - from the number and it went through just fine.

It’s fine for me but it could be confusing and cumbersome for others that can’t grasp the idea that they may need to enter the number differently and may lose a sale. I’d maybe suggest to see if you can accept all formats so long as there are 10 numbers?

I’d also ensure you have two fields for email since most of us are terrible at entering the correct info the first time. Otherwise you may rarely get a correct email entered. During the ecors days and online registration, I think we had a success rate with emails that were correct of about 20%, at best and about 30% with a second verification field.

That's a simple but cool product. I like stuff like this; it's exactly what it needs to be and nothing more. Cost effective steel complete with cheap-but-effective zinc plating.

Last edited:
Just ordered. Thanks.

Entered my phone number via auto populate with the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format and received an error code. Removed all () and - from the number and it went through just fine.

It’s fine for me but it could be confusing and cumbersome for others that can’t grasp the idea that they may need to enter the number differently and may lose a sale. I’d maybe suggest to see if you can accept all formats so long as there are 10 numbers?

I’d also ensure you have two fields for email since most of us are terrible at entering the correct info the first time. Otherwise you may rarely get a correct email entered. During the ecors days and online registration, I think we had a success rate with emails that were correct of about 20%, at best and about 30% with a second verification field.
Hopefully there's a plugin for all that. Cause it's definitely past my interweb paygrade.

Just ordered. Thanks.

Is there any correlation between the 20-30% who can successfully complete an email field and the 20-30% who can successfully complete an ECORS race :D

I know it's kind of pedantic but at least on mobile your site doesn't allow CC info autofill and there's no paypal or google pay option. I mean it's super fuckin lazy but there are plenty of times things have sat in a shopping cart/never been ordered just because I didn't feel like fishing a card out and entering all the info.
Anyways website is well done, been waiting for these.

Does everyone else not memorize their card number, expiration, and CCV code? Weird...

Does everyone else not memorize their card number, expiration, and CCV code? Weird...
I used to, back before everyone took Paypal. I still mostly remember it. Back in 2003-2006ish, I'm pretty sure DC4WD had my card number memorized also.

I believe I owe you some good karma for the freebie piece of tube you sent me. Order sent!

Did you apply for a design patent or utility patent?

I feel like this guy might give you some trouble if you’re going for a utility patent.

AF263885-1FDE-4CD1-98DA-D7ADFBCBEA59.jpeg

Is there any correlation between the 20-30% who can successfully complete an email field and the 20-30% who can successfully complete an ECORS race :D
Clearly not, b/c I have a high completion rate on one of those and not the other.

Just ordered a set of 4, at least now I can stop using zip ties to keep my straps from being in a mess.

Back