Impact wrenches

My understanding is Kobalt is going away. Part of Lowes now carrying craftsman is to be able to offload future warranty cost. Its why the tools were branded Kobalt and not lowes. Break it in a year and 'sorry Kobalt is no longer in business'
Well damn.

If I didn't buy my Milwaukee stuff I woulda gone with the dewalt stuff. Milwaukee just soo happened to have a better deal going at the time. But I know lots of folks that prefer the dewalt to the Milwaukee for home use type stuff.

I've got a 1/2" SnapOn electric impact with lithium batteries. I don't remember which model number it is...but it'll break 5/8" u bolts. I know they're not a very high grade material, but still. I don't even remember the last time I used an air driven impact. It usually rides around in my truck with me too, just in case.

I'm sure an Ingersoll, Porter-Cable, or DeWalt one would do just fine as well though.

Last week I thought my 2755 small 1/2" had something wrong with it, then I remembered it had 3 torque levels and was on level 1...

I thought mine didn't have enough ass to back off 9/16" lug nuts.

Worked fine when I put the right size socket on it.

My understanding is Kobalt is going away. Part of Lowes now carrying craftsman is to be able to offload future warranty cost. Its why the tools were branded Kobalt and not lowes. Break it in a year and 'sorry Kobalt is no longer in business'

Lowe's is closing out all the Kobalt hand tools...

Lowe's is closing out all the Kobalt hand tools...

Im assuming that’s what happens when your warranty costs and liability exceeds what was anticipated. Crap tools with a wonderful warranty = excessive warranty liability. Only way to get rid of it is to dissolve the brand.

I haven’t read anything on it, just making a haphazardly economic assumption.

I beat them up pretty bad for a year or so with their pvc cutters. Everyone knows that the blades alway wind up breaking. I took a kobalt one back not expecting them to warranty it and above and behold they gave me a new one. Game on! Finally I went back and they had ditched all the kobalt cutters and went to brass craft. Ironically enough, I still haven't managed to break the unwarrantied brass craft cutter yet :lol:

Back