Inclement weather driving: trail rig or tow rig?

In snow or ice, do you drive your trail rig or tow rig or grocery getter?

• Trail rig

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Tow rig

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • The grocery getter SUV

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters
Drove the Cummins to work yesterday, kept it in 2wd but had the hubs locked in case. Usually not my go to winter ride though because it takes forever to get warm and in my short commute it never comes close. I've been driving a fwd Buick this winter and it went where I needed it to in the last snow. But our go to family ride is my wifes CR-V. It's AWD and I almost can't make it slip/slide/skid in the snow.

Duane

I used to run a piece of cardboard in front of my radiator on my 12 valve. It helped a bunch , I'm not sure about the newer ones but the old 12 valve cooling systems worked to good sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove the 04 Burb when we went out during this last storm. Left the 15 GMC at home. Burb has better tread at the moment. Still wearing through the stock Wrangler HT's on the truck, and it has about 32k on them now. It would go fine, but the Burb has more tread and they are more of an "AT" tread at that. Plus, it's old, lol. Went like a champ. Always has. The 6.0 LQ9 swap makes it easy to fishtail and do donuts in as well.

Back