Inclement weather driving: trail rig or tow rig?

In snow or ice, do you drive your trail rig or tow rig or grocery getter?

• Trail rig

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Tow rig

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • The grocery getter SUV

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters
Took my 2wd Titan with BFG all terrains( why? Because I wanted them) to work at 4:30 am before it all started. Made to park the peterbilt at 10am so only spun going home if I made it spin .Got home and the wife and I got the TJ out and drifted up the neighborhood then parked her back on in the garage

winterdriving.jpg

guess...

I drove home the long way in 2wd. Had some shitbox with his hazards on tailgate me for a bit. I put it in 4wd and turned the exhaust brake on. He got the hint.

Jeep's Rubi locker decided to check out on me finally or I'd be driving it so tow rig it is, although I'd still probably take the truck.

Drove the Tundra today because heated seats. Pulled the 92 pickup in the garage tonight so it doesn’t have frozen seats for tomorrow. Locked F/R on old school MTRs will be fun in the morning.

In mild stuff like today, I take the 2016 1500 4x4. The traction control, & having auto selection in the transfer case, is incredible, for wet or slick roads. Tried 2 wd in places that only seemed wet, & spun More than expected. Switch to "Auto" mode [Not 4wd lock] & I have to Punch it to Make it spin! Street tires are better suited too, than the Trail tires! Just hope some dumbass don't run me over! :lol:

Just hope some dumbass don't run me over! :lol:
That's the beauty of the exploder. If you hit me...or I ditch it.....ehhh...its the beater, no loss..so I'm REALLY brave in the snow in it

I just creep along in the 550 if it can’t get me where I’m going at least I can run it for several days on idle with the heater turned up. Have plenty of beanie Weanies and diet dr peppers to survive

Took the wife's Expedition in this morning. My driveway really sucks, so I figured I'd leave the sienna in the garage. If it wasn't for that, I'd take the van regardless. My Wheeling rig is a work in progress. And when it is put together, I still won't drive it. To many years trying to see out of the windshield in the winter in a Jeep.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Good old 96 land cruiser with elocker's front and rear center diff lock but haven't used no lockers and haven't even put it in 4lo to be honest it's horrible if you want to slide around and have fun but the thing goes like a tank

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My suburbans in bad weather is just the best you can ask for! 1"ice or 24" snow I can still get around anywhere I try and if I can't the chains come out! Which I've never used lol

As usual, i drove my daily driver to work today. Y2k Silverado Z71 with a metric shit ton of miles on it. Pulled a tj out of a ditch and the two Fiat 2500 Whams that "tried" to pull him out.
Bunch of pussies. Drive a real truck bitches. Like a Chevrolet. Bitches. Exhaust brakes are for little girls, like training wheels and Strawberry Shortcake.
Fords make you turn into a faggot, Wham's are bullshit twucks that make you keep saying cum, cummings , ejaculation or wtf ever.
Be a man. Drive a Chevrolet.

As usual, i drove my daily driver to work today. Y2k Silverado Z71 with a metric shit ton of miles on it. Pulled a tj out of a ditch and the two Fiat 2500 Whams that "tried" to pull him out.
Bunch of pussies. Drive a real truck bitches. Like a Chevrolet. Bitches. Exhaust brakes are for little girls, like training wheels and Strawberry Shortcake.
Fords make you turn into a faggot, Wham's are bullshit twucks that make you keep saying cum, cummings , ejaculation or wtf ever.
Preach it!!!

You forgot to say Silveraydo...

Lmao

You gotta be kin to Robert E Raford.

Heater core is bypassed in the CJ, so if I run out of bread & milk, I'll be cranking up the Cummins (oops, I guess I said it, @Paul ) :)

Last edited:
Took the zj out to play yesterday. Was going to drive it to work today just to play it safe, but the belt snapped when I cranked it. Lovely. Zj has no heat but has BFG At 31s and awd/4wd. My dodge is 2wd with "all season" tires and a LSD. It goes and is fun to do doughnuts in, but the jeep just flat goes.

Back