Jeep Update 2.7 Brakes + Cage

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
Front brakes are done. Rears tomarrow night....

Over the weekend, my pops, was passing through to ny.. So he helped me out some. He bolted the winch to the plate then the whole thing to the jeep along with the tow hooks. Checked the fluids and helped hold the cage bars so i could tack them... thanks pop !!!

Cage will be a minimal cage, still have the overheads and the frame ties in... (2" .120)

Attachments

• brake-master-prop.jpg
    brake-master-prop.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 689
  • brake-fwall.jpg
    brake-fwall.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 695
  • cage-across01.jpg
    cage-across01.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 672
Nice and clean ! Good job Yager ! Can't wait to see it up close in person.
Is that a booger on the steering wheel ? :)

JB

Suuuper clean, as always, man...

frame/seat tie in - No. Its in progress, what you see is what is done.

Honestly I may not get to those before paragon, but the feet will be bolted to floor and plated top/bottom, just may not get em tied in...

Seats - I figured people have been wheeling with stock tubs and seats long before jungle gym cages were the craze so. The YJ tub has not been cut or weakend, so ill be ok for a trip or 2...

Looks good, Cant wait to run into ya on the trails somewhere

Ryan

hobie, i didnt mean to be snotty. The fronts will be a simple box tub coming off the frame up the some plates under the tub bolted to the inside plates...

Main hoop.... i dono yet :)

Todays update: Brakes done, bled what i could with my vac. pump. Those damn calipers sucked up quite a bit of juice.. so far seems ok... still no pedal but i think there is mucho air in the system...

Some spare parts showed up yesterday.. Some magic 35 spline pixy parts to ward off the bad mojo :huggy: never hurt anyone... figured id be POd to go all the way to PAP and break somthing.

Attachments

• 35spline-shafts.jpg
    35spline-shafts.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 547
Looks good

but bleedign brakes can suck.

I just helped a buddy put new brakes on his CJ and it used all the lfuid he used.. I had to pump those damn brakes like 1000 times...

Houston ! WE HAVE BRAKES ! Harper stoped over so I tricked him into helping... 1.5qts later :) only had a few leaks to track down, found my bleeders on my rear calipers were pluged with dirt, once that was that was discovered things went fast...

I think i might actually make this pig move under power this weekend.. Possibly be ready for a URE shake down run in the near term...

Sweet!

So you have enough M/C, I assume?

hell if i know if its enough :) i think so... I won't know till i actually try to stop the pile.. I honestly think im way over brake'd. I have a good pedal now, its tight but i can still pump them with out the vacume on the booster, so i should have a feather light pedal when its running..

hmmm brakes not good at all... I did reverse the ports from what is seen in pic above, (front/front rear/rear) It was a reman so im kinda wondering if thats just it. I bench bleed it and last night did it again and still produces very little pedle...

any ideas ? I realize in low i might not be able to stop but damn i dont even have a pedal ?

On better news i was able to back the heep out of the garage in front wheel drive (rear still needs welding) i then kicked the front drive shaft off, forgot to tightn it up... nothing like crawling around in the driveway picking up needles :) FN-new u-joint noting a little brak cleaner and grease couldnt fix...

Thats all for now..

In the pic, it looks correct.... rear port feeds the front brakes, & vice versa...

not on the vette masters (so ive read), that makes sence as the front does hold more juice, hell if i know really...

now i know why people end up sounding like whiners when their brakes dont work :)

whaaaaaaaahhhh...

Huh.. I was stumped on my 'vette one since the front and rear are equal in their capacity, but the rear port had a bigger thread on it... ah hell, I dunno.

well I bought a e350 master so ill slap that on there and see what it does. Ill just grind a notch between the front/back so some more fluid can float between the 2 sections...

Got some speed bleeders too !

Back