johns thread again

If yours wins, I will pay you $1,000 cash. If the stock arm wins you agree to donate the same amount to a Christian charity of the boards choosing.

oh well i'll pass then since i would be total moron to waste 1000 of my family's money on such wasteful tests...

After all your preaching about being a good Christian, donating money to charity is what you consider a waste of money? Fine logic, sir.

After all your preaching about being a good Christian, donating money to charity is what you consider a waste of money? Fine logic, sir.

this also tells me he has no confidence his would win the test.

iPhone213_zps79095ea7.jpg

thought about running dual tires?

Al gore wins again. I thought you were still pimpin this rig though?

How much force could you poissble apply wit ha 20 lb sledge? 100 lbs? Lets say you are a really strong fucker and can swing it up to 200 lbs.
How much is the force it actually sees? Lets do some math. Lets say you're just "resting" the vehicle on the arm, and it's even supported elsewhere. Truck weighs, what, 4500 lbs? Thats 2250 lbs on your arm. Now lets say you are dropping/banging it on a rock, you have the upward force from the drop, that will multiply this depending on height/speed etc.

The point is your 20 lb sledge will get nowhere close.

This is basic Engineering 101. Once again, you don't seem to accept the fact that what you are doing is engineering, without actually going through teh steps of doing it properly.
Actually, you can make a ton of force pretty easily with a 20lb sledge.
Momentum=Mass*Velocity
Being lazy, I'll just make some assumptions:
Mass=20 pounds
Velocity=100ft/sec (68miles/hr, remember this is the speed it hits, not the average, and people throw a baseball at 100mph without the advantage of a 3ft handle)
Momentum=20*100=2000lbs/sec

Now in order to measure the actual force imparted, we'll need to know the duration of impact, but since its just netterwebz speculation who cares.

the only good part to the Park not open so often now is i have more time to fix/work on it......so this trip no hold barred.....and i hope theres open class racers cause i got spare motor, trans, diffs and gonna run the piss out of it against whoever, (if i don't brake it beating the hell out of the red trails)!!!

Says he isn't dumb enough to break his shit on the trails one minute... And this the next..

Says he isn't dumb enough to break his shit on the trails one minute... And this the next
like i said..i have spares now. if i don't have spares I'm much easier on the jeep for money purposes but have now acquired spare parts so i can have a little more fun.

its a catch 22 though for me...i wanna run the mud race really really bad but i wanna really test the jeep on some more reds so i'm undecided of what to tackle harder lol...hopefully i'll make it to the mud race!!

IF you had a toyota, you won't need spare parts!!:flipoff2:
and when you did, you'd only need to have 2 or 3 size wrenches on you...

and when you did, you'd only need to have 2 or 3 size wrenches on you...
Actually, you only need a pocket knife and a T-shirt. Knife to cut out the sleeve, and the sleeve to grab the radiator cap so you can replace everything underneath it. :flipoff2:

and occasional 17, 12, and 10mm for the stuff you just break off.:D

Since 19mm = 3/4", and 14mm is pretty damn close to 9/16, I typically have a friend w/ a Jeep or some other SAE POS carrying those...

Back