Just because my rig is clean....

GotLime?

...doesn't mean I don't wheel it.

I get comments pretty often about how clean my Jeep is.

I like my vehicles clean. I'm not embarrassed of that.

Just because you don't have a hose and a bucket doesn't mean you wheel more often, harder, etc.

Anyone else with a clean rig hear about it?

This is "dirty". We went to URE last Sunday. I stopped on the way home and rinsed it off.

achrisahughes.smugmug.com_photos_i_dmpJP3V_0_X2_i_dmpJP3V_X2.jpg

I've owned my XJ for over 2 years. Probably washed it 5 times while I've owned it, might have vacuumed the inside twice. It's a beater and I use it as such.

Usually the rain will keep it clean enough.

I keep the rest of our vehicles clean though.

I can't stand to have my vehicles dirty. I wash and wax them all the time, probably twice a month I wash them, maybe every three or four months I wax them.

That Suburban I owned definitely kept my arms in shape from waxing. :lol:

See the problem is one man's definition of 'wheeling' versus another. I'd like to think a good day of wheeling a door slammer rig involves lots of damage

I'm there with you...I'm a clean vehicle fanatic. Washed at least once every two weeks...waxed every two months and clay barred once every 6 months. That's all my rigs.

That said...I have a buddy on one of my Ford forums, that has literally been known to pull the bed off his truck, to get any remaining dirt after hitting a mud puddle.

See the problem is one man's definition of 'wheeling' versus another. I'd like to think a good day of wheeling a door slammer rig involves lots of damage

So you're saying wheeling without narrow passages can't be tough...or are you saying you can't pick a good enough line to get passed an obstacle unscathed (relative sarcasm)

That's the great thing about our sport/hobby. There's something for everyone. Body damage is not my thing. I try to avoid it.

Often clean has very little to do with mud or dirt on it. When I refer to a clean vehicle sometimes I mean no dents or scratches. If you splash in mud puddles that's not really wheeling it. If you lay it on it's side and rub the paint off your sliders and contastly hit trees and bushes that's different.

I used to get harrassed about a clean rig. Not so much anymore as the "other" folks washing them now :lol: I just hate working on a muddy/dirty rig was the main reason. Nothing wrong with waxing dents and scratches.

Hell yeah I wash my rig. I armourall it too! I vacuum it and bout twice a year I pull the carpet out and pressure wash that. Keeping your rig clean is basic common sense. Basic maintenance is a must on any thing but especially on something you use off road. Helps you find problems early plus it will just plain last longer. Personally, I think Chris just wanted to post another pic of his new jeep.:flipoff2: Looks good Brotha!

That is a darn good looking Bronco too by the way! Love me some Bronco.

awww.troybaker.com_bronco_6inch3.jpg

I clean, wash and inspect mine after every single ride, If you dont take care of youre rig then it will not take car of you.

I clean mine since its easier to work on it, I would never wax it being a trail only rig, thats not going to get me over an obstacle.

I have an '02 CTD that I bought new and its never been waxed, but it has waxed alot of other tow rigs and a few ricers here and there:flipoff2:

i washed my nismo alot when i 1st got it but after awhile i was dirty to much so i gave up. now that i hunt, work and play on the farm so much keping it shinny would be an everyday job almost. im to lazy for that haha!

when I used to have a jeep i left a protective layer of mud on it because if i ended up on a tight trail the branches would only knock the dry mud off, no scratches haha
just a creative way to say i was lazy

So you're saying wheeling without narrow passages can't be tough...or are you saying you can't pick a good enough line to get passed an obstacle unscathed (relative sarcasm)

Neither? I just dont think that it's 'wheeling hard' if a vehicle is clean and you can't tell it's been offroad. I'd rather see the carnage, and I enjoy seeing people who are willing to get their rig roughed up and keep on truckin'. Simply put, the original post came across to me as 'having something to prove'.

Wanna wash my truck?:flipoff2::beer:

Back