Kairos or GER

Is Kairos or GER a place that a short arm locked TJ on 33s could have a good time or are they more suited for more dedicated rigs?
Bow fuh'm
The ranch has bypasses and parallel roads to about every trail. Hell the honey hole has mild to wild in a football field. Literally Everyman challenge was 50ft from moon buggy comp line

Is Kairos or GER a place that a short arm locked TJ on 33s could have a good time or are they more suited for more dedicated rigs?

You would very much enjoy both. I’d say The Ranch more, cause there’s lots to do on 33s and you could also easily get to and watch others do harder stuff. But Kairos is also great for mild trails in a smaller rig, and their campground is fantastic.

Bow fuh'm
The ranch has bypasses and parallel roads to about every trail. Hell the honey hole has mild to wild in a football field. Literally Everyman challenge was 50ft from moon buggy comp line

You would very much enjoy both. I’d say The Ranch more, cause there’s lots to do on 33s and you could also easily get to and watch others do harder stuff. But Kairos is also great for mild trails in a smaller rig, and their campground is fantastic.
What are the equipment requirements to ride?

Got in touch with Amy and we will be there June 17-20. She said they had a horse show that weekend but still had lots of room. Post up if anyone will be there too.

Told her the ranch is highly recommended by a group on NC4x4 folks that say she and some guy named Bob are the best. She said you must be talking about the Talton group of misfits... I said yup that's them.

Never met you folks in person, but thanks for sharing your adventures so I know where to take my rig. Hopefully meet up with some of y'all one of these days.

I may try to bring my pile of rust and some friends on the 17-20 then :)
Provided that I don't break it Saturday...

Got in touch with Amy and we will be there June 17-20. She said they had a horse show that weekend but still had lots of room. Post up if anyone will be there too.

Told her the ranch is highly recommended by a group on NC4x4 folks that say she and some guy named Bob are the best. She said you must be talking about the Talton group of misfits... I said yup that's them.

Never met you folks in person, but thanks for sharing your adventures so I know where to take my rig. Hopefully meet up with some of y'all one of these days.
Dang, they know us well it seems lol

The way she said it I think your fan club is growing. All these NC4x4 unofficial gatherings may become the next east coast jeep jamboree just with more laid back redneck comradery and less fluffy sweepstakes and marketing nonsense. I say carry on...

The way she said it I think your fan club is growing. All these NC4x4 unofficial gatherings may become the next east coast jeep jamboree just with more laid back redneck comradery and less fluffy sweepstakes and marketing nonsense. I say carry on...

I do feel I have certainly increased the off road traffic at that place lol.

I'll see if I can be there.

Duane

CNC-4x4 has a trip to GER next weekend, 20-23rd on the calendar. Post up in the club's forum section here on NC4x4 or CNC4x4 if you want to tag along. Somebody should post up an actual event on the NC4X4 calendar at some point...

@CasterTroy great vid! The black Wrangler - what brand fenders? Getting some rot I need to deal with... ;-)
Anyone from cnc4x4 get some videos of my pile of parts? Specifically when I rode with some of y’all on Thursday? Wanting to see how bad that down hill section really looked lol
0DE326F5-04D6-4913-BBA3-9AFC00D3603E.jpeg

Last edited:
Which down hill section you referring?
It was a random short horseshoe trail off the main trail, near a cabin in the middle of the park. It didn’t have a name. I know a guy with a dove tail yellow Toyota was there when I did the trail. It said “ATOY” on the back. It felt like I almost flipped coming down and had to throttle out lol

It was a random short horseshoe trail off the main trail, near a cabin in the middle of the park. It didn’t have a name. I know a guy with a dove tail yellow Toyota was there when I did the trail. It said “ATOY” on the back. It felt like I almost flipped coming down and had to throttle out lol
The one @Van-go ripped the front off the cherokee on?

This is what I'm talking about (it's not David)

20210327_131418.jpg

That was me. It was steep for sure. It felt like it was going over but I saved it.

Ronnie got it on film but he is terrible about uploading stuff. If he gets it uploaded I'll share

Back