Ditch ats and go with

• Maxxis razrs 40000 mile tread warranty

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Interco cobalt lets go way back.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anvilrubi

When ko2s first came out we ended up getting some terrible first runs they didn’t last much over 20k miles, anybody had better luck with the newer ones?

I bought a set last year for my 94 suburban and I wasn't impressed honestly, I've ran bfg since I started wheeling in 2003 but swapped to cooper st max now for dd and love em!

They are the shittiest light truck tire I’ve ever used. Period.

They may be better now but I’ll never know. I’m not spending my hard earned $ on the shittiest tires, ever, never ever, again.

Did I mention they are shitty?

My experience was with load range E light truck versions. Your end use may be different and they may work ok for you.

Last edited:
I got 8. Four used,4 new with lots of tread. They were load range e. Cant balance them for high way use. Most of them are piled up in shed. A couple of them are useable. I’ll never buy any more.

Oh yeah, there is ZERO mileage warranty on them. Where every other manufacturer has a warranty and the KO2s don’t, well that ought to tell you they know they are crap if they aren’t willing to provide a mileage warranty.

We've had a set on @trailhugger's Jeep for about two years. Despite the lockers, they still look new.

No experience with them but if your looking for a good all terrain for a heavier truck just get Nitto Terra Grappler's and be done.

No experience with them but if your looking for a good all terrain for a heavier truck just get Nitto Terra Grappler's and be done.

This!

45k miles on mine and plenty left @Jason W. is still astounded how long these things have lasted

I’ve ran nittos and toyos they’ve done great and lasted long time, was really wanting a change I don’t know to many to choose from

Last set I ran I got stuck in a dry ditch. I doubt they could get traction on a well prepped drag strip

I ran a set of 33/12.5 load range C on my XJ for 3 years. Put about 40k miles on them and still had about 50% tread when sold. The guy who has them now has had them for 3 years with zero problems. I had them balanced and rotated every time I went to Uwharrie (once a month back them) since Discount Tire would do it for free.

Maybe I got lucky or maybe the statements about being better on lighter rigs is true.

I ran a set of 33/12.5 load range C on my XJ for 3 years. Put about 40k miles on them and still had about 50% tread when sold. The guy who has them now has had them for 3 years with zero problems. I had them balanced and rotated every time I went to Uwharrie (once a month back them) since Discount Tire would do it for free.

Maybe I got lucky or maybe the statements about being better on lighter rigs is true.

Correction: these were KOs not KO2. Sorry about that.

If the KO2’s suck, who on here hauls heavy (~20K or more) with an all terrain style tread? I like my Michelin experiences in the past, but I don’t frequent any paved off-road parks. My only complaint with Toyo or Nitto was the actual weight of the tire. Drains fuel economy!

Unless something changes my mind, I'm going with the Maxxis Bravo Series HT-770 next time. I'd do the AT-771 if it came in my size.

If the KO2’s suck, who on here hauls heavy (~20K or more) with an all terrain style tread? I like my Michelin experiences in the past, but I don’t frequent any paved off-road parks. My only complaint with Toyo or Nitto was the actual weight of the tire. Drains fuel economy!

@CasterTroy should be somewhat close to that weight but he's DRW.

We switched to the Nitto HT tire. We were getting about 40k out of their AT, but it's not available anymore in our size. We'd have to switch to 18s.

Weight was one of the issues I had with running another set of toyos or nittos they’re great but just to damn heavy

Back