Ko2 quality

Ditch ats and go with

• Maxxis razrs 40000 mile tread warranty

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Interco cobalt lets go way back.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a dumb teenager and just buy tires based on looks. Now, having to consider real world problems like, braking, mpg’s, actual load capacity vs ride quality... makes my head hurt. I’ve actually turned into my Dad and everything he said is coming true. Guess I better start preaching to my boys and start the cycle over again.

We switched to the Nitto HT tire. We were getting about 40k out of their AT, but it's not available anymore in our size. We'd have to switch to 18s.

HT... highway terrain or hybrid terrain? I put in my size and this is all they came up with.
1E8128B5-9D97-4C51-A8A4-BD5DB5313D24.png
9BD1286D-5EA9-4C14-AAFC-0E4C26F3FF38.png

What size do you need?

I'm really digging the Cooper ST Maxx. I've had them on my truck for a while now and they've done quite well.

What size do you need?

I'm really digging the Cooper ST Maxx. I've had them on my truck for a while now and they've done quite well.

I’m in a 285/60R20

What size do you need?

Site says 63 lbs versus the OE tire at 56.

Site says 63 lbs versus the OE tire at 56.

For it to only be 7 pounds heavier that's not that bad, especially with 18.5/32" of tread depth. Is 28 lbs going to effect anything on a 3/4 ton, crew cab, 4x4 truck? I'd venture to guess you could buy the same tire and the new one would weigh more than an OE tire, obviously with both tires being new. They make so many different grades of tires, it's ridiculous.

For it to only be 7 pounds heavier that's not that bad, especially with 18.5/32" of tread depth. Is 28 lbs going to effect anything on a 3/4 ton, crew cab, 4x4 truck? I'd venture to guess you could buy the same tire and the new one would weigh more than an OE tire, obviously with both tires being new. They make so many different grades of tires, it's ridiculous.

I’m gonna have to compromise somewhere for sure, but I have to be gaining something somewhere too. My OE Firestone Transforce A/T have been doing great (currently 30K). My only complaint is the performance in mud. Let’s be realistic though, no mud terrain tire is gonna drag my trailer any better. I just can’t go full on highway tread.

Not sure if duratracs are any good but a 2857518 has a load rating of 4080 and only weighs 60#

I’m gonna have to compromise somewhere for sure, but I have to be gaining something somewhere too. My OE Firestone Transforce A/T have been doing great (currently 30K). My only complaint is the performance in mud. Let’s be realistic though, no mud terrain tire is gonna drag my trailer any better. I just can’t go full on highway tread.

That's how I wound up with the ST Maxx. Not too aggressive, but won't get stuck in wet grass. They're pretty quiet too and balanced out surprisingly well. I've got a good feeling about how many miles I'll get out of these and they're proving me right so far. They have also been handling my trailer and excavator nicely, somewhere around 17k between the trailer and bobcat, empty truck is 7300.

Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX | Cooper Tire

If you want to check them out, there ya go. The 295/70-18 has a helluva load rating on it. 4080 lbs!

Not sure if duratracs are any good but a 2857518 has a load rating of 4080 and only weighs 60#
FWIW, the weight ratings are based on size and really don't vary from mfg to mfg or between tread patterns. (which really bugs me, because the true weight capacity cannot be equal with different tread and rubber compounds)

I got 8. Four used,4 new with lots of tread. They were load range e. Cant balance them for high way use. Most of them are piled up in shed. A couple of them are useable. I’ll never buy any more.
What size?

285/75/16

Big changes coming tires and gears on the way, decided to use the 250 around home and use the 550 more for the heavier loads

Back