Legends Class 4800 Build - “Tinkerita”

This weekend was a productive weekend on the Jeep after an eventful Friday trying to get back to NC. I spent my Saturday afternoon fixing the sway bar tube and finalizing the spare parts box location while making brackets for the TG fluid container. To provide a little extra support, I sleeved the sway bar with a longer inner tube to support the tire carrier mount. After getting it all welded, I worked on finalizing the placement for everything else and tacked all the mounts in place.
Sway Bar Sleeve.jpg

Sway Bar Rebuild.jpg

Battery Tray.jpg

TG Brackets.jpg

Spare Box Brackets.jpg

TG Fitment.jpg

Sunday was a heavy welding day. Finished welding all the brackets, welded up the tire carrier and even broke out the spray paint. The goal was to get everything finished up on the rear so I can start working on the underside. I forgot I needed to weld my tabs for the PSC vent so took care of that. Tucked it behind the battery out of the way. After all the welds cooled, I painted all the bare metal with the stainless paint on the chassis and black on the carriers. Assembled everything once things dried.
PSC moved.jpg

Rear Complete.jpg

The last thing was to install the tire carrier. Although tight clearances, everything fits well and should be ready to go. I like the way everything in the rear turned out.
Tire Carrier Complete.jpg

Tire Carrier Rear View.jpg

With the rear all buttoned up, it's time to move forward to the most needed area and most dreaded area, the subframe. This will allow me to get all my new link mounts installed and one step closer to having a rolling chassis again.

Back