Let’s talk Gladiator

I love my JT. And would not hesitate to tow 5000lb camper. My jt drives and rides great, even on 40” tires and Dana 60s. It turned 43k miles yesterday. I like it so much that I’ve ordered a 2021 diesel version. Aside from a lot of road miles, I’ve wheeled it in Moab, Colorado, and NC. People always mention the overhangs, but in my wheeling experience, I have never had an approach issue, even with flat tow brackets hanging below bumper. I did drag the trailer hitch several times in Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get that real life experience out of here.

I love my JT. And would not hesitate to tow 5000lb camper. My jt drives and rides great, even on 40” tires and Dana 60s. It turned 43k miles yesterday. I like it so much that I’ve ordered a 2021 diesel version. Aside from a lot of road miles, I’ve wheeled it in Moab, Colorado, and NC. People always mention the overhangs, but in my wheeling experience, I have never had an approach issue, even with flat tow brackets hanging below bumper. I did drag the trailer hitch several times in Moab.

My neighbor got their JL diesel Rubicon a couple weeks ago and they absolutely love it.

Why not? The current generation Colorado has at least a much tow capacity as the JTR (more if you get a diesel Colorado), and the JTR isn't really a truck anyway, sooo..... ;)

If you want a Jeep, get a Jeep. If you want a truck, get a truck.
Cause it’s a Colorado

@obullfish i just read where the holding tanks and cargo is factored in to the GVWR.

The Gross Vehicle Weight is the actual weight of the fully loaded RV including all cargo, fluids, passengers, and optional equipment. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) is the heaviest weight determined by the manufacturer for the safe operation of your RV.

So like we talked about earlier, empty tanks would give more room on the GCWR. I think the one you sent me would do the job very well.

@obullfish i just read where the holding tanks and cargo is factored in to the GVWR.

The Gross Vehicle Weight is the actual weight of the fully loaded RV including all cargo, fluids, passengers, and optional equipment. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) is the heaviest weight determined by the manufacturer for the safe operation of your RV.

So like we talked about earlier, empty tanks would give more room on the GCWR. I think the one you sent me would do the job very well.
Well I plan to check it out tomorrow and talk numbers. Thanks for all the info brother. Anyone have any idea of mpg of a 6.0L Chevy motor home towing 5 k lbs?

43k miles already? It’s half worn out now. I’ll give ya $25k to get it off your hands when your new one shows up. :D

I would count on 10-11mpg not towing the Jeep and 8-9 towing. It may be better than that though. And it will tow it well, just don’t be afraid to twist it up around 3500-4000rpm in the hills, you won’t hurt it at all that’s where it makes the power.

Also, finding those RVs on a Chevy chassis is not nearly as common as the Fords. I’d love to have one. Tried and true motor/trans combo with parts available literally everywhere.

Back