Let’s talk Gladiator

And the rest of your buddies simply didn't know WTH they were talking about

Whatta dick :flipoff:

:lol:
:smokin: And here she is, ain’t she a beauty?
E5DCE627-70CA-4EDF-90EB-980B6EF99F33.jpeg

Last edited:
Went and looked at RVs today and none priced at what I'm willing to spend fit our needs. Pam has changed her mind about getting rid of the camper at the lake as well. Looks like we will be towing the TJ and staying in vacation rentals and hotels for now. When her mother can no longer go to the place at the lake then we will look at RVs again.

Sold mine last week. 18 months and 21k miles later. JT Rubicon. 37s and geared 5.13. Loved it. Why did I sell???

it’s an awesome JEEP that complimented my Scramblers very well but it is a mediocre truck. I towed quit a bit around the 5k range. It did it just fine but not like a full size.

for a year and a half I kept telling myself it was enough but in the end it wasn’t.

if my opinion matters - if you want an awesome JEEP that you can throw some pine straw bales in the back, a mountain bike headed to the Whitewater Center, anything else that you see a Tacoma do - get the Gladiator and don’t look back.

if you need a truck and think a JEEP with a truck bed will suffice - you’re wrong. Hell that's the main reason the Scrambler was ultimately a failure.

my honest feedback after selling a full size, buying a Gladiator, then going back full size

Last edited:
Sold mine last week. 18 months and 21k miles later. JT Rubicon. 37s and geared 5.13. Loved it. Why did I sell???

it’s an awesome JEEP that complimented my Scramblers very well but it is a mediocre truck. I towed quit a bit around the 5k range. It did it just fine but not like a full size.

for a year and a half I kept telling myself it was enough but in the end it wasn’t.

if my opinion matters - if you want an awesome JEEP that you can throw some pine straw bales in the back, a mountain bike headed to the Whitewater Center, anything else that you see a Tacoma do - get the Gladiator and don’t look back.

if you need a truck and think a JEEP with a truck bed will suffice - you’re wrong

my honest feedback after selling a full size, buying a Gladiator, then going back full size
And that’s what I was afraid of. Not good at being a truck or being a Jeep. Thanks everyone for the input, when the time comes we will be in a 7.3 powered RV.

Went and looked at RVs today and none priced at what I'm willing to spend fit our needs. Pam has changed her mind about getting rid of the camper at the lake as well. Looks like we will be towing the TJ and staying in vacation rentals and hotels for now. When her mother can no longer go to the place at the lake then we will look at RVs again.

What do you want and how much you looking to spend?

I may could be talked out of my RV...

It has a sufficient towing capacity for towing your toys. :)

This is my plan for 2022. I want some luxuries not common in campers and don't want some that are common. Best thing I've found is make it like I want it.

Such a shame he doesn't know anyone who's done that :huggy:

Don’t want a damn Colorado

Not to derail the thread, but I think the Colorado is a unsung hero that not many people use. It would be awesome if you could start with a v8 one but those still command a pretty high buy in. The atlas series engines are no slouch either (I wonder why they are not used more in lightweight buggy builds - especially the 4cly). They also have a pretty good aftermarket for swapping a ls too.

I think it would be awesome to build one on a disk brake 14 bolt and superduty axles. Kinda like this one...

eca936bd-c06f-4738-a7aa-f8e1d6bfe872-jpg.2915440

There are a few builds of these, but not as much as I would figure....

img_0419-jpg.2921866

Crawlorado-1.jpg

I love them and have been casually looking. The dealer in Johnson City has several and I stopped and checked them out today. I am just too out of touch with new vehicle prices. It would be hard for me to let go of 8 or 900 bucks a month for one.

Dirtlifestyle is about to make a video about towing with the diesel jeep gladiator. Just for those who are curious.

ba788117928a76b55429bd554a01bb56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise set at 70 for almost the entire tank

"Yes" would suffice. :flipoff2:

Back and forth to the Christmas breakfast today at URE I got 14.1

That sounds reasonable for a 60 avg speed with no stopping and starting. Full tank avg will likely end up at 11-12mpg.

We did about 7400 miles out west this summer and were typically 11-13 on a full tank, with a few 10s mixed in. The trip to Disney and back was about 13-14 with nothing on the roof or back bumper, all highway.

That sounds alot like my wife's excursion. It is all stock except for f350 leafsprings. It also has 4.30 axle gears stock. It averages 11mpg around town, 10mpg towing to Harlan, and 12mpg on the highway. Doesn't matter what I do, that's about it.

Interesting fact, the we made a trip to Paintsville Ky, (which there is no good way to get to, so a max of 60mph and not much stop and go) and broke 500 miles on a tank. Most ever!

Back