long travel shocks, who makes em (13"+travel)

Well, he just cut his damping by a factor of two, so that may be a good plan.

If you cut the velocity in half, and everything is still gravy, damping probably doesn't matter at this point... :p

If the upper shock leaks oil onto the lower,

Then his dampening, dampens the damping.

Or

His damping damps the dampening.

Discuss.

Haha

You did it.. You silly sonbitch you really did it. Well done.
@Van-go
374.png

I couldn't resist.

it actually rides better than ever for what it's worth lol, maybe doesn't say much since it's a cobbled together budget build, lol, but nonetheless it rides well compared to before so that's gotta account for something. Yesterday was the first time since i built it that I could drive it a descent speed over bumps and through the woods without it beating me all to hell lol
Smooth =/= controlled

In other words, you're not actually sure if they can be mounted upside-down or not.... :D

It doesn't matter because he is out wheeling and having fun, and probably has less invested in the setup that it cost you to take your family to lunch.

2 chambers pushing on each other. It's basically ORI technology :D

You know... I have a set of 2.0 & 2.5 airshocks... I think i will do this same thing with them. 2.5s on top and 2.0s upside down.

probably has less invested in the setup that it cost you to take your family to lunch.
Sad truth is most all people have more invested in their axles than I do in my complete rig as it sits, that's a sad truth to be honest and mine will go everywhere they can, give or take a little.

Just put the 2.0 inside the 2.5. Some orings, a couple cleverly placed holes and tubes, and you might be on to something.

Airshocks IBP. Faaaaaaawk, you're onto something here :lol:

Sad truth is most all people have more invested in their axles than I do in my complete rig as it sits, that's a sad truth to be honest and mine will go everywhere they can, give or take a little.

I guess I'm one of these people you're mentioning. I don't think it's sad, it is my money, I do what I want with it. Plain and simple.

Doesn't matter one bit if you ride a super low budget machine or a 200k$ bouncer that makes my junk look like cheap shit. The people who make it up an obstacle because they have an expensive machine will be defeated on the next one that doesn't suit the machine very well. A good driver will outshine a bad one every day, everywhere. And the cost of the rig doesn't change this.

At the end of the day, what matters to me is that we can both hang out around the campfire after a good day of riding and share some good times. If you're judging people based off of the price of their rigs, what they can drive up or not, you're missing a big chunk of the reasons what this sport and this community is about.

Disclaimer : that's my opinion, you don't have to agree, your mileage my vary, and y'all don't forget your seat belt before starting your engine.

Airshocks IBP. Faaaaaaawk, you're onto something here :lol:

I guess I'm one of these people you're mentioning. I don't think it's sad, it is my money, I do what I want with it. Plain and simple.

Doesn't matter one bit if you ride a super low budget machine or a 200k$ bouncer that makes my junk look like cheap shit. The people who make it up an obstacle because they have an expensive machine will be defeated on the next one that doesn't suit the machine very well. A good driver will outshine a bad one every day, everywhere. And the cost of the rig doesn't change this.

At the end of the day, what matters to me is that we can both hang out around the campfire after a good day of riding and share some good times. If you're judging people based off of the price of their rigs, what they can drive up or not, you're missing a big chunk of the reasons why this sport and this community is about.

Disclaimer : that's my opinion, you don't have to agree, your mileage my vary, and all don't forget your seat belt before starting your engine.

Couldn’t say it any better than this.

Back to the air shocks.

Just think it’s like IBP, ORI’s. Completely revolutionary haha. Does it make them exist in reality if I draw them in cad? Lol.

If you're judging people based off of the price of their rigs,
No I'm not, it's only those that have constantly judged me over last 7yrs I'm referring to otherwise I admire and love to see nice built rigs...unfortunately a lot that I've met, been around and a lot on here think their hot stuff just because they got expensive toy. Otherwise I totally agree with everything you said!!

I should've been more clear from beginning, doesn't bother me how you build your rig and how much money you have or don't have. You probably haven't been around my threads last 7yrs otherwise maybe you might know but anyways, yeah I've always been given tons of crap, bashed like there's no tomorrow for doing things my own "cheap" way even though proven it works, at times worked way better as you mentioned but tons of people have given me hell over stuff like that and a bunch of people in person I've been around tend to act that way.

At the end of the day, what matters to me is that we can both hang out around the campfire after a good day of riding and share some good times. If you're judging people based off of the price of their rigs, what they can drive up or not, you're missing a big chunk of the reasons what this sport and this community is about.

That is the main draw for me to this sport. I grew up in a go-fast family, and if you didn't have money you were looked down upon. My first ride was to Mt.City in a clapped out xj on 33's with a welded rear diff. We fell in a line of guys with full tube buggys and they welcomed us and even pulled cable for us. That was when I was hooked. No competition, no secrets, just friendship.

Back