Lots of interesting news today

Yeah the snippets I saw on the news this morning didn't do it justice. From the angle I saw, I thought the first 15 ft or so of one wing sloughed off. I didn't realize an over a third of the building collapsed. I wouldn't be surprised is there's close to 70 dead when they get it all sorted out.

The article above said 159 unaccounted for. My guess says majority of those wont make it.

Its gonna be a brutal news day... aside from the inevitable bad news from that FL building collapse, the sentencing for Derek Chauvin is released this afternoon. Statistically, by the book, he should get about 10 years... which won't go over well.

Its gonna be a brutal news day... aside from the inevitable bad news from that FL building collapse, the sentencing for Derek Chauvin is released this afternoon. Statistically, by the book, he should get about 10 years... which won't go over well.
Whats worse, when his conviction is overturned due to technicality and or mistrial you better hope you have enough fire extinguishers if you live in the city limits

What's worse is if he gets convicted of a crime he did not commit for the sake of appeasing a misguided angry mob.

BREAKING NEWS:

He got 270 months.

This happened just down the road from my brother's house. The house with the pool is not anyone's primary residence, just the owners weekend party house. Looks to me like a drunk/high neighbor helped themselves to the pool and was so f'ed up they passed out and drown. How the hell else does an adult drown in an above ground pool?? How aweful would it be to pull up to your party pad ready to have a good time and walk out on the pool deck to find a random dude dead in your pool?? I hope dead dudes family don't try to sue for something.

Squid went fast, squid was ass. Squid went gat, squid went splat.

Squid went fast, squid was ass. Squid went gat, squid went splat.
FB03F055-61BA-488A-8AB6-7C2B625F59C0.gif

Went to a funeral for a good friend of mines parents today, and in the eulogy the pastor mentioned that Jeff held a Daytona record. I never met him personally, so quick google-fu revealed that he held the World Closed Course Speed Record for non turbo 4-cylinder powered race cars.

Duane

New York Post : Gwen Berry joked about rape, mocked Mexicans and Asians in old tweets.

Just another outstanding example of a sponsored BLM spokeswoman voicing her opinion on discrimination and respect for others.

She's black and has an opinion, so she's a "sponsored BLM spokeswoman"? Sponsored by who? Spokeswoman for what? :rolleyes:
She is sponsored by "Color of Change" a group aligned with the current BLM movement. I'm absolutely good with opinions. If you feel her opinions and comments on other ethnic groups align with yours, I guess that's up to you.

I personally do not comment on any ethnic group the way she did.

New York Post : Gwen Berry joked about rape, mocked Mexicans and Asians in old tweets.

Just another outstanding example of a sponsored BLM spokeswoman voicing her opinion on discrimination and respect for others.
I dont agree with her politics, but if those tweets offend yall, how are you on NC4X4? The "cry rape" one was pushing the line a little I guess, but everything else was pretty lightweight.

Last edited:
I dont agree with her politics, but if those tweets offend yall, how are you on NC4X4? The "cry rape" one was pushing the line a little guess, but everything else was pretty lightweight.
Likewise - it was 10 fucking years ago.
There's often a lot of bitching about stupid things from people's past being dug up and used against them... this is a prime example.
Maybe it's crazy, but I believe people can get smarter and wiser with age, and I put a lot more stock in their current actions than 1/3rd of their life ago.

Back