Lots of interesting news today

I dont agree with her politics, but if those tweets offend yall, how are you on NC4X4? The "cry rape" one was pushing the line a little guess, but everything else was pretty lightweight.
The tweets are in poor taste. The hypocrisy of posting them and then using the Team USA Olympic trials to grand stand about racial equality is what I find worthy of the category "Interesting News".

Maybe it's crazy, but I believe people can get smarter and wiser with age, and I put a lot more stock in their current actions than 1/3rd of their life ago.

True, people can learn with time. Maybe her views as a 22 y.o. adult aren't the same as they are at 32.

It will be interesting to hear her compare her past comments and beliefs with her current stand on racial justice.

Last edited:
I could give a shite about what she thinks or says. The point however is that THESE are the people (communist leaning identity politics activists) who are the purists that cancel anyone who in their past made any statement which can be construed as “racist”, “sexist” or “homophobic”.

I enjoy when they eat their own

They are the masters at digging in the past and drumming up a reason to feign outrage at something a decade ago. So for the current darling to also have a few skeletons points to the hypocrisy that is this current political bullshite of hating wypepo.

The problem with playing the true believer, purity of actions game is that NOBODY is pure and eventually all will succumb to the cancel culture because everyone is guilty by their own measuring criteria.

I am at a point where I no longer care if the communists get their fair shake. I don’t believe in letting them believe what they want if they leave me alone…because by their very nature they can’t leave me alone. Collectivism by design means everyone toes the line. They won’t leave you alone and they won’t stop.

Once they run out of boogeymen, they have no one else to eat but each other.

1. The Onion, 10 years ago:

2. Reality, Today:

2. Reality, Today:
Well this should go well:
"Kohistani insisted the Afghan National Security and Defense Force could hold on to the heavily fortified base despite a string of Taliban wins on the battlefield. The airfield also includes a prison with about 5,000 prisoners, many of them allegedly Taliban.

The Taliban’s latest surge comes as the last U.S. and NATO forces pull out of the country. As of last week, most NATO soldiers had already quietly left. The last U.S. soldiers are likely to remain until an agreement to protect the Kabul Hamid Karzai International Airport, which is expected to be done by Turkey, is completed.

Meanwhile, in northern Afghanistan, district after district has fallen to the Taliban. In just the last two days hundreds of Afghan soldiers fled across the border into Tajikistan rather than fight the insurgents."

2. Reality, Today:
It's called OPSEC

And also...Afgan military leaders tend to have loose lips to Taliban flashing cash

It's called OPSEC

And also...Afgan military leaders tend to have loose lips to Taliban flashing cash
I just found the reflection of Onion satire, to the very month, to be pretty entertaining

"A lot of people have big government antibodies. Don’t knock on those doors," Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., wrote. :laughing:
Next they will hide it with signing up for my "cars extended warranty".

Next they will hide it with signing up for my "cars extended warranty".
I really wish Prasnejeet would come knock on my door for my warranty...if I could reach thru the phone......

211369762_1745472732325421_5884930872644796542_n.jpg

Last edited:

I had a 4 10s a week monday-thursday surveying job in the 80s and it was nice to have a 3 day weekend.The medical/dental ins. was paid by the employer too.
thats still a 40 hour work week :flipoff2:

I had a 4 10s a week monday-thursday surveying job in the 80s and it was nice to have a 3 day weekend.The medical/dental ins. was paid by the employer too.

My dad has worked 4-10s my whole life.

Duane

That’s great and all but there is absolutely no way that a the vast majority of “services” can be provided with 8 less working hours.

Same amount of trash picked up in 8 less hours? Same number of widgets produced in 8 less working hours? Etc etc.
I don’t think so otherwise that would already be happening to reduce costs.

unless you’re talking about reducing the number of hours white collar jobs work. Then that shows inefficient production in the office community.

there is absolutely no way my career can reduce working hours per week. 12th straight month of mandatory OT and is predicted to worsen. (EMS)

unless you’re talking about reducing the number of hours white collar jobs work. Then that shows inefficient production in the office community.
That's precisely what they are talking about ;) (as I post on NC4x4 from work...):laughing:

That is the whole point.
Many white collar jobs are done inefficiently bc people lose focus and fart around bc they hate their life/job balance.

"A happy worker is a hard worker" is the #1 rule of industrial psychology. Its amazing how often it is ignored.

That's precisely what they are talking about ;) (as I post on NC4x4 from work...):laughing:

That is the whole point.
Many white collar jobs are done inefficiently bc people lose focus and fart around bc they hate their life/job balance.

"A happy worker is a hard worker" is the #1 rule of industrial psychology. Its amazing how often it is ignored.
Coming from a blue collar worker.

Great. Cut the hours and the pay.

yes fully jealous

That’s great and all but there is absolutely no way that a the vast majority of “services” can be provided with 8 less working hours.

Same amount of trash picked up in 8 less hours? Same number of widgets produced in 8 less working hours? Etc etc.

there is absolutely no way my career can reduce working hours per week. 12th straight month of mandatory OT and is predicted to worsen. (EMS)
More workers working less hours w different hours would help w the quality of the work, w tired peeps leaving and rested peeps coming in to work.

I have a friend who worked EMS for more than a decade in Wake co. He burned out a few years ago dealing w the drunks, druggies and peeps that just wanted a ride to the hospital. He joined the Navy. I imagine the kinda peeps he was dealing with are in every big city in the country.

Last edited:
Back