Lots of interesting news today

I'll have to look up the specifics. Basically it's because there could be a crime scene and this allows for the preservation of evidence. If the homeowner had committed a crime then was allowed entry they could hide evidence.

Edit:
We can blow up your house even if its not on fire.

Even in the absence of specific statutes, courts have recognized the unique challenge the threat of fire poses. Consider the following quote from the Supreme Court of California in an 1853 case that arose when a San Francisco house was intentionally blown up with gunpowder in a tactical effort to stop an advancing fire on Dec. 24, 1849: “The right to destroy property to prevent the spread of a conflagration as been traced to the highest law of necessity and the natural rights of man, independent of society or civil government. It is referred by moralists and jurists to the same great principle, which justifies the exclusive appropriation of a plank in a shipwreck, though the life of another be sacrificed; with the throwing overboard goods in a tempest for the safety of a vessel; with the trespassing upon the lands of another to escape death by an enemy…

“A house or fire, or those in its immediate vicinity, which serve to communicate the flames, becomes a nuisance which it is lawful to abate, and the private rights of the individual yield to the considerations of general convenience and the interests of society. Were it otherwise, one stubborn person might involve a whole city in ruin by refusing to allow the destruction of a building which would cut off the flames and check the progress of the fire, and that too, when it was perfectly evident that his building must be consumed.” (Surocco v Geary, 3 Cal 69; 58 Am Dec 385, January 1853)

Those are all well and good for 1800's California, but I don't see how those court cases are relevant here. By the merit of those cases, it is only OK for a fire dept to commandeer a home if it is for the greater good. I could see that in a wildfire situation. Those cases do not seem relevant to normal house fires here, duplexes and apartments not withstanding.

I'll have to look up the specifics. Basically it's because there could be a crime scene and this allows for the preservation of evidence. If the homeowner had committed a crime then was allowed entry they could hide evidence.

Edit:
We can blow up your house even if its not on fire.

Even in the absence of specific statutes, courts have recognized the unique challenge the threat of fire poses. Consider the following quote from the Supreme Court of California in an 1853 case that arose when a San Francisco house was intentionally blown up with gunpowder in a tactical effort to stop an advancing fire on Dec. 24, 1849: “The right to destroy property to prevent the spread of a conflagration as been traced to the highest law of necessity and the natural rights of man, independent of society or civil government. It is referred by moralists and jurists to the same great principle, which justifies the exclusive appropriation of a plank in a shipwreck, though the life of another be sacrificed; with the throwing overboard goods in a tempest for the safety of a vessel; with the trespassing upon the lands of another to escape death by an enemy…

“A house or fire, or those in its immediate vicinity, which serve to communicate the flames, becomes a nuisance which it is lawful to abate, and the private rights of the individual yield to the considerations of general convenience and the interests of society. Were it otherwise, one stubborn person might involve a whole city in ruin by refusing to allow the destruction of a building which would cut off the flames and check the progress of the fire, and that too, when it was perfectly evident that his building must be consumed.” (Surocco v Geary, 3 Cal 69; 58 Am Dec 385, January 1853)
Find me the guy who still talks like that, and if he can call the fire department from my cell phone with no outside help, then we will find something to blow up!

Find me the guy who still talks like that, and if he can call the fire department from my cell phone with no outside help, then we will find something to blow up!

Do you feel the same way about all "old" language? Such as the 2nd amendment? Or maybe the Bible?

Do you feel the same way about all "old" language? Such as the 2nd amendment? Or maybe the Bible?
Sure, I'll blow stuff up with anybody. I look forward to seeing your posts 10 years from now when the corncob has wasted away.

enough banter about fires, time for some interesting news

Like this guy!
Tennessee man sues Popeyes for running out of chicken sandwiches

I have a buddy that was buying these 10-50 at a time and selling them for $25-50/ea...and they were selling...think he got $100 for a few the day he posted this:

42493121-082F-404D-9224-07936D171396.jpeg

Last comment on the house fires. If dumbass homeowner runs into a burning building that the FD decided was too dangerous to go in. Dumbass homeowner get stuck in the building. Who’s at fault. The courts will say the FD for letting them go in.

What is short-barrel rifle ammo?

They caved,as simple as that.Walmart is probably one of the very few places that could have told the anti gun crowd to shove it and got by w it.Think about it.Alot of folks have no other choice than Walmart.Where you gonna go??? K-Mart???:lol: Target??? The closest Target is 45 mins away for me,so Walmart is about the only choice.I have said it before,this is how they will get gun control.They will tax,regulate and limit until its not worth the hassle to have them.

Alot of folks have no other choice than Walmart.Where you gonna go??? K-Mart???:lol: Target??? The closest Target is 45 mins away for me,so Walmart is about the only logistical choice.
FTFY. We don't have much in the way of department stores here either except Walmart but damnit if I'm going to go in that place, much less buy anything there, simply because I refuse to out of principal. If Walmart is the only place that has a product, I don't need it!

Think about it.Alot of folks have no other choice than Walmart.Where you gonna go??? K-Mart???:lol: Target??? The closest Target is 45 mins away for me,so Walmart is about the only choice.

As far as ammo is concerned, not sure I've stepped foot in a store to buy any in probably 5 years, usually get it online...or a gun show I was traveling to anyway.

I have said it before,this is how they will get gun control.They will tax,regulate and limit until its not worth the hassle to have them.

This I agree with...everyone is worried about the gun grab and someone knocking down their door to rip them from their cold dead hands...when in reality they'll snuff out gun ownership to only those that can afford it.

Back