Lots of interesting news today

I was with ya, all the way up until your last word... If youre gonna stick it to them, vote for somebody worth a damn. And when you find somebody worth a damn, let us know lol
Sometimes a 3rd party vote is for change, not for the candidate specifically. In fact, most people vote for the ideals and a certain party, regardless of their hangups with that person or party.

Sometimes a 3rd party vote is for change, not for the candidate specifically. In fact, most people vote for the ideals and a certain party, regardless of their hangups with that person or party.
Bingo. Yeah Johnson may be a flake, but voting in a non R or D is valuable in itself. And lets be honest, he's not any more of a train wreck than the current joker.
In my mind, a non-major party President is an ideal balance against Congress

Do you want a popular vote? If so then the major population areas will control the presidency.

The electoral college makes sure every state is equally respresented.
The point of this is that electors can vote however they want.... which has nothing to do with the popular vote or not. Hell they could choose to follow the population centers themselves.

You're not paying attention to the article. The point of this is that electors can vote however they want.... which has nothing to do with the popular vote or not. Hell they could choose to follow the population centers themselves.

Does not happen as a rule. The winning party picks its voters and they are usually hardcore party members. The mentioned issue is a fluke.

In fact, most people vote for the ideals and a certain party, regardless of their hangups with that person or party.
Had to quote this so people can like it a second time

Never heard of the Alligator River? :flipoff2:
Apparently not. :lol: Just had to look that one up. I spent most my time in Southeast NC when I was stationed there for 4 years. Only place I visited up that way was Kill Devil Hills and Kittyhawk.

Wait so the mayor's name is Dick Spears :lol:

And Michael Flatley (Riverdance- Lord of the Dance!) Lives there?

And they really said "The first solution is that we’ll continue working on ideas," :shaking:

I think their "ideas" include trying to shut down a county landfill.I did some surveying there about 6 yrs ago on a new cell and that landfill won't reach capacity for maybe 40 years or more.

Fun fact:
When the FD shows up to your burning house you no longer legally own it. It is property of the FD until released back to you.
Fun fact:
I would have no problem murdering anyone trying to prevent me from saving my dogs in that situation.

Fun fact:
I would have no problem murdering anyone trying to prevent me from saving my dogs in that situation.

While I do somewhat share your thoughts there, our job is to protect you. We will do all we can to make sure everyone (fur family included) gets out.

While I do somewhat share your thoughts there, our job is to protect you. We will do all we can to make sure everyone (fur family included) gets out.
I have several friends who drive red trucks and value what yall do. My point is just dont let that power get to your head. Dont put your hands on anyone in that situation. If someone wants to put themselves in harms way, they have that right. That is an ABSOLUTE violation of the 4th amendment and your halligan is no match for my FiveseveN.

I have several friends who drive red trucks and value what yall do. My point is just dont let that power get to your head. Dont put your hands on anyone in that situation. If someone wants to put themselves in harms way, they have that right. That is an ABSOLUTE violation of the 4th amendment and your halligan is no match for my FiveseveN.

My job is to protect you. If that means you get detained to keep you out of the fire, so be it. Lets just all get back to interesting news stories.

Back