Lots of interesting news today

That's a shame that they didn't kill the shooter.
He died today, the first person he killed was is older brother :(
A friend/ coworker new the family and told me his father bought the gun months ago and the kid apparently shot people walking/running down the greenway . It's a sad story all around.

Last edited:
I read a similar article from a different outlet. It’s crazy that 1 billion crabs disappeared! That’s kind of scary. That’ll decimate the crab fishing industry.

It will decimate the Myrtle Beach buffet industry too. To be determined if that is good or bad.....

Duane

this could get interesting

Not sure I agree with the ruling... I think it should be based on the gun having had (or not had) a serial number to begin with.... I can think of no reason for removing a serial number from a gun issued with one that isn't nefarious..

Not sure I agree with the ruling... I think it should be based on the gun having had (or not had) a serial number to begin with.... I can think of no reason for removing a serial number from a gun issued with one that isn't nefarious..
Making it so a tyrannical government can't track it?

Making it so a tyrannical government can't track it?

If we're at the point where we need to worry about that, Then we have past the point where we need to revolt. Whether we agree with registration or not isn't what I'm getting at (I Don't), If the gun already has a serial number, filing it off serves no legal purpose.

Last edited:
If we're at the point where we need to worry about that, Then we have past the point where we need to revolt. Whether we agree with registration or not isn't what I'm getting at (I Don't), If the gun already has a serial number, filing it off serves no legal purpose.
I 100% agree with everything you just said.

I 100% agree with everything you just said.
I believe the ruling was based on the fact that the owner of the gun isn't the one who removed the S/N. So, there is a law on the books saying a licensed producer must serialize the gun and an FFL must sell it with a S/N. But does that mean that the gun must maintain the S/N forever?

I frankly don't care one way or another. But I'm curious just to hear the arguments.

I believe the ruling was based on the fact that the owner of the gun isn't the one who removed the S/N. So, there is a law on the books saying a licensed producer must serialize the gun and an FFL must sell it with a S/N. But does that mean that the gun must maintain the S/N forever?

I frankly don't care one way or another. But I'm curious just to hear the arguments.
Sure, if it's got one, removing it should be a crime, and once it's been removed, selling it or buying it should be a crime. Would you intentionally buy a dirt bike that had the serial number removed? Why would a gun be different? Have you guys not recorded the serial numbers on your guns in case they are stolen or lost, you know, like in a boating accident?

He died today, the first person he killed was is older brother :(
A friend/ coworker new the family and told me his father bought the gun months ago and the kid apparently shot people walking/running down the greenway . It's a sad story all around.
Did he? If so they are sure keeping it out of the news. Looks like they would release the news. I did find where it stated he was found with a gun shot to the head. Probably tried to commit suicide.

Did he? If so they are sure keeping it out of the news. Looks like they would release the news. I did find where it stated he was found with a gun shot to the head. Probably tried to commit suicide.
I heard on the radio last week when they were reporting about it, they said the shooter was a 15 year old WHITE male. I thought to myself that they would not say that about any other race when they were reporting something like this. Such a double standard!

Sure, if it's got one, removing it should be a crime, and once it's been removed, selling it or buying it should be a crime. Would you intentionally buy a dirt bike that had the serial number removed? Why would a gun be different? Have you guys not recorded the serial numbers on your guns in case they are stolen or lost, you know, like in a boating accident?
But what about inheretence? That is the example used by the judge in the case supporting it. A daughter inherets a shotgun from her grandfather, and learns it has had the serial # removed. what then? She didn't commit the criminal act, and was essentially forced into an illegal situation. She has a constitutional right to retain the firearm that is consistent with historical standards.

But what about inheretence? That is the example used by the judge in the case supporting it. A daughter inherets a shotgun from her grandfather, and learns it has had the serial # removed. what then? She didn't commit the criminal act, and was essentially forced into an illegal situation. She has a constitutional right to retain the firearm that is consistent with historical standards.

No difference than if someone owns a "parts only" vehicle and drives it on their own land (or not on a public road). You can drive a non-titled, non-registered vehicle on your own property all you want and nobody will ever hassle you unless someone knows (and can prove) that it's stolen and involves the law. If she uses the shotgun for legal purposes, nobody will ever bother her, but it's when she would use it for an illegal purpose that it would raise an eyebrow.

Would the term "ill gotten gains" factor into this.

Last edited:
That would be a pretty unlikely/unusual case, and would have to be addressed individually. If we tried to write laws to address every possible scenario, then every law would be a book unto itself.

In the proposed situation, Why is the serial number missing? I can see where it could have been rubbed off unintentionally in an overcrowded gun safe, or the gun could be corroded to the point of illegibility, (like it sat at the bottom of a lake for years or something) And yet the daughter might want to keep it for sentimental resaons...

However, If you go back to what I said;

Sure, if it's got one, removing it should be a crime, and once it's been removed, selling it or buying it should be a crime.

She didn't do any of the things I said, and hasn't commited any criminal act by inheriting said shotgun. Now if she wants to sell it later, that's a different story.

Holy Mackerel! I guess the guy fishtailed pretty bad with his rig!
WRAL News: Tractor-trailer carrying live fish spills on I-95 north of Fayetteville.

Holy Mackerel! I guess the guy fishtailed pretty bad with his rig!
WRAL News: Tractor-trailer carrying live fish spills on I-95 north of Fayetteville.
Man, he is lucky to have walked away. I bet the drivers side of the cab took on some dirt!

I mean, his name IS Randy....but geez
How does that even happen? Like how do you have so little awareness that you get caught? I expect crap like that from teenager screwing around or something, but adult, who is running for office? WTF?

Back