Lots of interesting news today

doesn’t even have to be a white van in my neighborhood, just drive slowly (below 25mph “suggested” limit in subdivision) and the lookyloos will burn up Nextdoor and the FB page about suspicious vehicle prowling. one person even gave chase and jumped out and recorded and posted video, only to find out guy was teaching his student driver and lived in the ‘hood....

paranoia is a terrible thing

the Boogie man gonna get ya !
And those are the same people who will bitch and moan about the "people flying through the neighborhood" at 26mph too!

Yea, I was going to bring this up, if you guys hadn't. Been on FB for 3 days now, & Their catching Hell! Like so many, I just re-newed, 2 months back, on 2 mags! Do we get a refund? Only thing I found in my Feb. 20 Four Wheeler, is the Lack of the subscription cards! None falling out, or stapled in.
Like Most of us, I Read in the bathroom. I'm Not scrolling E editions of Newspapers or Magazines, on my cell phone! This Sucks. I'd like to be the fly on the wall, when they explain a 60% subscriber loss, or More, to their Advertisers!
:mad::flipoff::shaking:

I'm Not scrolling E editions of Newspapers or Magazines, on my cell phone!

I'd like to be the fly on the wall, when they explain a 60% subscriber loss, or More, to their Advertisers!
:mad::flipoff::shaking:

That's actually why most of the magazines are dying, because no one is buying paper magazines anymore, at least not in big enough quantities to make financial sense. The publishing industry has been talking about that for 10 years or more, in the context of all of the print editions of magazines and newspapers collapsing.

You'll have to join the modern world and get a bathroom tablet I guess. :D

And by "you", I mean "both of us".

Last edited:

When I lived out that way...I know you didn't dare ask if family land was for sale, and there was a good chance 3 generations were living on the same piece. And I know town councils weren't very inviting to newcomers 'they liked things the way they were'. In the 18ish months I lived in Edenton, I know there was a Brewery concept rejected, Food Lion refused to sell an old building they moved out of to prevent competition, a WalMart was rejected and a couple other small projects never made it past the planning stage. Hell, it was huge news when an Arby's (I think) was approved and built in Ahoskie. To me, it all seemed self-inflicted...old people with money that didn't want to see change, or people living on their great great great grandpappy's land.

The "no shit" part of the whole article.
"Jessica Stanford, a demographic analyst at Carolina Demography, said many counties in the northeast part of the state have seen both more people dying than are being born and more people moving away than are moving in"

The town I live in was headed that way (to a degree).Tobacco money kept progress to a minimum for a long time.I think they have finally saw the town is gonna dry up if things don't change.

When I lived out that way...I know you didn't dare ask if family land was for sale, and there was a good chance 3 generations were living on the same piece. And I know town councils weren't very inviting to newcomers 'they liked things the way they were'. In the 18ish months I lived in Edenton, I know there was a Brewery concept rejected, Food Lion refused to sell an old building they moved out of to prevent competition, a WalMart was rejected and a couple other small projects never made it past the planning stage. Hell, it was huge news when an Arby's (I think) was approved and built in Ahoskie. To me, it all seemed self-inflicted...old people with money that didn't want to see change, or people living on their great great great grandpappy's land.

That sucks. I would love to move down east and get away of the rat race in the triangle.I hunted rabbits this jan.in Aulander and met some fine folks.I loved camping and hunting deer on the Roanoke NWR from Williamston to north of Hamilton in the 90s many times and like the area and people.When we have no more fathers and mothers to support anymore we are going to the country.

That sucks. I would love to move down east and get away of the rat race in the triangle.I hunted rabbits this jan.in Aulander and met some fine folks.I loved camping and hunting deer on the Roanoke NWR from Williamston to north of Hamilton in the 90s many times and like the area and people.When we have no more fathers and mothers to support anymore we are going to the country.

Beautiful area and great people...I loved my time out there. I just didn’t get the overwhelming sense anyone wanted to bring the area up to the 21st century...and folks my age were tough to come by. Double edged sword I suppose, enjoy the views and quaint life and bitch about being an hour away from anything or bring in some amenities then bitch about too many people and no more views. Regardless, tough to complain waking up to and coming home to this every day...

57200549-F97B-4940-927D-187EC4C58221.jpeg
233D68F3-681A-4744-9BAD-6F21232B1233.jpeg

Last edited:
Ill take having to drive 30 minutes to get to town, but being able to piss off my front porch over the inverse any day of the week!

Beautiful area and great people...I loved my time out there. I just didn’t get the overwhelming sense anyone wanted to bring the area up to the 21st century...and folks my age were tough to come by. Double edged sword I suppose, enjoy the views and quaint life and bitch about being an hour away from anything or bring in some amenities then bitch about too many people and no more views. Regardless, tough to complain waking up to and coming home to this every day...

View attachment 307973 View attachment 307974

I know 2 young men who moved up here from Bath and Edenton in the last 2 yrs.

Ill take having to drive 30 minutes to get to town, but being able to piss off my front porch over the inverse any day of the week!

I thought it sounded good too...until your amazon delivery of toilet paper doesn't show up and you forget you used up the last of the emergency toilet paper last time the delivery guy was late. You adapt and plan better, but there's nothing done quickly if you have to leave home. We didn't mind much though, it was either 45 mins to Elizabeth City, or an hour 15 to Nags Head...so naturally we'd end up spending most weekends in Nags Head and grabbing any supplies we needed.

There is also the fact that for those living in the boonies, its getting increasingly difficult to find good talented labor, as folks get old and retire and nobody replaces them.
My parents live in Warren county and face this all the time when they need house improvement work.

Back